1. Pick one book from each of the 6 years that Dewey has archives of. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.
2. The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year and I’m guessing that each of us has at least 5 books on our TBR list because of Dewey!
And the rules:
1. Choose either option 1 or 2 from above.
2. Commit to read your books (either 5 or 6 depending on which option you choose) throughout 2009. The challenge will end on December 31, 2009 but we’ll go ahead and unofficially start it right away! We’ll officially start it on January 1st, 2009.
3. Check back to this page often as I’ll put up Mr. Linky’s for reviews and I’ll mention prize giveaways!
So, I am going to go with option 2. I was on Dewey's blog tonight and I made it up to 2008, so I still have some browsing to do. In the meantime, here are some possible choices of books that I already own and have not read:
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler
March by Geraldine Brooks
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Beatrix Potter, A Life in Nature by Linda Lear
The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
Then, I will have to see... There are lots of books that she has read that look interesting, I just will have to see what I feel like buying in 2009.