Friday, December 19, 2008

The Saga of Darren Shan Book Two: The Vampire's Assistant


The nightmare continues as Darren Shan struggles with his new life as a Vampire’s Assistant. He tries desperately to resist the one thing that can keep him alive—blood—but a gruesome encounter with the Wolf Man tests his resolve to the limits.

So, it is 2 in the morning and I just finished the second book in Darren Shan's Saga. That's rather unusual for me, I don't normally read books by the same author one right after the other, but I guess there's a first time for everything! Not that I need more series to read.... I should probably finish some of the ones I already have on the go, but that would make too much sense, right?

Anyway, so this book takes place about two months after the first book in the series. In the first book, Darren was not a Vampire's Assistant until near the end, so in this book is is a lot about Darren coming to terms with who he is and what his purpose is now. Everything he had known before has been changed. He didn't even know there were such thing as vampires, and now he suddenly he is working for one. This book is a real page-turner, I must say! There was just enough action to keep me engrossed in the story, so I will be very interested to see what happens in the next book!

I am kicking myself, though, because the second-hand bookstore had books 3 to 11 the other day and I never bought them! When I went back today they only had books 3 and 4. I was trying not to add too many books to my house, but it was rather stupid of me. I did buy the first two, but I don't really want to have to pay for the rest of the series.... I have my fingers crossed the second-hand bookstore gets more in, but if I am looking for something I can never find it!

8 comments:

  1. Oh....these books look awesome!! Looks like I'm going to have to start this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking them. I am actually considering reading books 3 and 4 today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sooo glad you are enjoying these! I always worry someone will hate what I think they will like. You are going to find that most every book ends with you just having to get the next one to find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very much enjoying them! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying them, I'm thinking these may be the perfect reading for me for over the holiday break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Looks like a great series. I hope I can find them used somewhere in town...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a fun series. I hope you get a chance to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:46 AM

    these books r gr8!!!!..
    im reading book 8 right now and soo far the books r very very very
    cool..
    soo i think u ppl who still haven't read them yet u should go right now and get some :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.