Sunday, February 01, 2009

January Wrap-up

So, in January I somehow managed to read 27 books. Some were not very long, though, so that sort of explains the numbers! I am still very proud of myself. Here is a complete list of the books read:


I read a lot of good books this month! I am in love with the Fables series by Bill Willingham. It is a fantastic series! I read seven of them in one month, actually. I look forward to finishing off the series as 2009 progresses. I also read Maus, another graphic novel. This one is a duology about the Holocaust. It was a really good read! The Holocaust was a terrible time in history, but I do like to learn more about it. You know, it is really hard to pick and choose from the books that I read! They were all really good for the most part. Some I enjoyed more than others, of course, but there were none that I hated. I also reread two books, which is more than I normally reread in one year let alone one month!

Here's to good reading in February!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Man and I was proud of myself for reading 18 wow! I definitely need to catch up on Fables having only read the first four and Looking for Alaska is on my list for later in the year. I can't wait for the next Mercy Thompson book to come out. It's out this month in the US in hard back but I want the paperback grr. Will have to see if an ebook version is released in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Kelly! I don't think I'll ever read that much in one month in my life! I can't wait to see your totals for the year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord. That's a lot of books!! You are my reading hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be proud! That's quite a lot of books. May February be another great reading month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible kelly! You and Becky amaze me that you read so many books in such a short amount of time! ..and you can tell by the reviews that you really enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was counting my totals today and I actually read 26 books :D Fables definitely helped, lol. Hooray for a great reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesome this month! And so many great books too. It's great to hear how much you're enjoying the Fables series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhinoa: 18 is a really good accomplishment! You know, I read your blog and you read my blog, but I feel like I never hear from you. I think I will have to email you. :) I am so excited for the new Briggs book! I wouldn't let myself pre-order it because they charge $5.99 for that, but I am buying it in about an hour... Which, I hope will work!

    Bluestocking: lol, thanks!

    Chris: ha ha! I am hoping for good numbers this year! My TBR pile is really way too big! I doubt I will hit 27 again this year, but I am happy about hitting it the one time.

    Stephanie: ha ha! Thanks! Always nice to be a hero. :) A lot to live up to, though...

    Literary Feline: Thank you! I am hoping for good reading in February. Happy reading to you, as well!

    Deslily: Yes! I read a lot of great books this month! To read 27 and only find a couple slightly boring is a really really good accomplishment!

    Nymeth: That's awesome! I figured you had read a lot judging by your reviews.

    Joanne: Yep, I really love the Fables series! I am buying the next two books tomorrow, actually. You had a good reading month, too! (Probably all the snowstorms...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.