Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Book Coveting... The Canadian Edition

The 2nd Canadian Challenge is about to come to an end, but I think I am going to participate in the third one now. Today, I thought I would post a list of just some of the Canadian books that would count for this challenge that I all ready own.

The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland - About Emily Carr
The Emily Carr Collection - Four of Emily Carr's novels
Several books by Pierre Berton
Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
The Hidden World by Alison Baird
The Darkness that Comes Before by Scott Bakker
The Island Walkers by John Bemrose
Several books by and about Lucy Maud Montgomery
Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje
Away by Jane Urquhart
The Acadians: In Search of a Homeland by James Laxer
The Mountain and the Valley by Ernest Buckler
A Good House by Bonnie Burnard
Mean Boy by Lynn Coady

And many many more... So, how about you? What Canadian books have been on your TBR pile for a while that you feel you should get around to reading?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read THE FOREST LOVER yet, but I really enjoyed another of Susan Vreeland's books. I think you're in for a good read there.

    I've been meaning to read CLARA CALLAN by Richard B. Wright for ages now. I'm hoping to get to it sometime this summer. I'd really like to reread some more L.M. Montgomery, too, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to fit her into my reading schedule. Durned TBR list, mucking up my rereading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I will get around to reading Margaret Atwood and Michael Ondaatje. I imagine I have quite a few books by Canadians to read in my TBR room, only I just don't know it, and probably won't until I read the book and then the author's bio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! I haven't even heard of a good many of those!! I'm in the middle of the Murdoch books, and am definitely going to continue with those. There are a few Kenneth Oppel, some Robertson Davies, and some more Will Ferguson that I want to read.

    Am looking forward to hearing about your reading of more Montgomery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of Susan Vreeland books on my shelves (love her books) and some Atwood (also love her books too). Hmm, should have joined the Canadian challenge and gotten through some of these! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:16 AM

    That looks like a fun list. I keep meaning to do this challenge but am always maxed out on challenges. I have lots of Charles de Lint and Margaret Atwood books to read and this would be a grat excuse to get really stuck in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those Atwoods too! I've read The Blind Assassin, but it was a library copy and I loved it enough to want my own. And just the other day I mooched Alias Grace, so I'll be reading that soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memory: Oh! Read Clara Callan. I really really liked that book!

    Literary Feline: I know what you mean. Some of those books I didn't know were Canadian when I bought them. :)

    Court: Yeah, that was just a partial list. There is plenty more where that came from!

    Iliana: The Canadian challenge is a good way to read some of them, yes. :)

    Rhinoa: I think I forgot to include Charles de Lint as Canadian. Oops!

    Ana: I think I will probably reread Oryx and Crake and her new book before trying any of the others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.