Monday, February 01, 2010

January Wrap-up 2010

I feel like I was just writing my wrap-up post for January 2009! Where does time go? I remember when I was a child time seemed to crawl by, but nowadays I feel like things go by much too fast. January was not a spectacular reading month. I read 20 books, but most of them were graphic novels.

1. The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye: Five Fairy Stories by A.S. Byatt (272 pgs)
2. Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere by Mike Carey & Glenn Fabry (graphic novel)
3. Dracula Adapted by Michael Mucci, Ben Caldwell, and BIll Halliar (graphic novel)
4. Black is for Beginnings by Laurie Faria Stolarz (graphic novel)
5. Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor (265 pages)
6. Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simners (256 pages)
7. A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quartet, Book 1) by Madeleine L'Engle (224 pages)
8. Austenland by Shannon Hale (196 pages)
9. Liar by Justine Larbalestier (376 pages)
10. The Baby-Sitters Club: A Graphic Novel - Kristy's Great Idea (Book 1) by Raina Telemeier (graphic novel)
11. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (199 pages)
12. Jack of Fables: Book Five - Turning Pages by Bill Willingham (graphic novel)
13. Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea by Guy Delisle (176 pages)
14. Miki Falls: Book 3 - Autumn by Mark Crilley (manga)
15. Detroit Metal City Volume 1 by Kiminori Wakasuci (manga)
16. Redwall: The Graphic Novel by Brian Jacques (graphic novel)
17. Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Death and Dementia Illustrated by Gris Grimly (graphic novel)
18. The Photographer: Into War-torn Afghanistan with Doctors Without Borders by Emmanuel Guibert (288 pages)
19. A Wind in the Door (Time Quartet, Book 2) by Madeleine L'Engle (224 pages)
20. Outlaw: The Legend of of Robin Hood by Tony Lee (graphic novel)

3rd Canadian Reading Challenge:
Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea by Guy Delisle

Japanese Reading Challenge:
This challenge wrapped up yesterday. I had hoped to read more, but my library didn't have a lot of Japanese books. I read two, though, so I am happy.
1. Obsasan by Joy Kogawa
2. Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto
I am happy that I joined in! Many thanks to Bellezza for hosting this challenge.

Women Unbound:
I have read books that could work for this challenge, but I still want to try and read non-fiction and I haven't done very well with that yet. We will see what happens. I might change my mind and include fiction if my non-fiction reading doesn't pick up.

The Christy Award Challenge:
Nothing for this one, either! I need to get cracking!

Terry Pratchett Reading Challenge:
Nothing this month, either...

Essay Reading Challenge:
Technically I have read essays, but since it is a book I am going to wait until I read the last few pages before counting them. Tune in February for that.

GLBT Reading Challenge:
Another challenge I didn't read anything for! My challenges are off to a bad start...

Flashback Reading Challenge:
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
A Wind in the Door by Madeline L'Engle

TwentyTen Reading Challenge:
Young Adult
1. Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simners
2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier

T.B.R. **
1.
2.

Shiny & New
1. Jack of Fables: Book Five - Turning Pages by Bill Willingham
2.

Bad Blogger’s ***
1. Outlaw: The Legend of of Robin Hood by Tony Lee
2. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Charity
1.
2.

New in 2010
1.
2.

Older Than You
1.
2.

Win! Win!Who Are You Again?
1.
2.

Up to You! - Books in On-Going Series
1. Miki Falls: Book 3 - Autumn by Mark Crilley
2.

Graphic Novel Challenge:
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere by Mike Carey & Glenn Fabry
Dracula Adapted by Michael Mucci, Ben Caldwell, and BIll Halliar
Black is for Beginnings by Laurie Faria Stolarz
The Baby-Sitters Club: A Graphic Novel - Kristy's Great Idea (Book 1) by Raina Telemeier
Jack of Fables: Book Five - Turning Pages by Bill Willingham
Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea by Guy Delisle
Redwall: The Graphic Novel by Brian Jacques
Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Death and Dementia Illustrated by Gris Grimly
The Photographer: Into War-torn Afghanistan with Doctors Without Borders by Emmanuel Guibert
Outlaw: The Legend of of Robin Hood by Tony Lee

Manga Challenge 2010:
I didn't technically join this challenge yet, but I meant to!
Miki Falls: Book 3 - Autumn by Mark Crilley (manga)
Detroit Metal City Volume 1 by Kiminori Wakasuci (manga)

9 comments:

  1. You are so organized!! If only I could read as fast as you - very impressive!

    Hope February is another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a heady set of goals you've assigned yourself! I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reading month for you in January! Here's to another wonderful one in Feb! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graphic novels or not, that's an impressive list! I hope your February continues to be full of good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when people are so organized with the challenges and wish I had it in me to write up a monthly post like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow go you! January was a great reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:13 PM

    I'm glad you joined (and finished!) the Japanese Literature Challenge 3. Even reading two books is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great list of books there, I always find new ones when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great month you had! January was full of graphic novels for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.