Sunday, June 27, 2010

Library Haul - Near the end of June, 2010

I haven't done a library loot post in a while, but things had been a bit slow for a while there. In the last few weeks I brought back pretty much everything I had checked out and now I am slowly building the pile back up again. It is what happens when you read blogs and ask people for book recommendations!

The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees - Book Recommendation
Iron Butterflies: Women Transforming Themselves and the World by Birute Regine - Read about on a blog, maybe?
Sima's Undergarments for Women by Ilana Stranger-Ross - Buddy Read
The Silver Door by Holly Lisle - Re-loot. Really liked book 1.
A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan - New book by a great author.
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain - Blog review?
Bone - Volume 7 by Jeff Smith - Next book in the series.
A Woman of Independent Means by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey - Blog review
The Gift of Rain by Twan Eng Tan - Blog review
The Eye of Jade by Diane Wei Liang - Blog review
The Day I Became an Autodidact and the Advice, Adventures, and Acrimonies that Befell me Thereafter by Kendall Hailey - Blog review
Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh - Blog review
The Black Book of Secrets by F.E. Higgins - Blog review
Yummy: Eight Favourite Fairy Tales by Lucy Cousins - List of books that my library recommends
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien - Buddy read.

5 comments:

  1. Great loot! I just checked out the first six volumes of the Bone series. Summer is the perfect time to start re-reading. Yes, you should review The Dark Divine. I checked it out before but never gotten around to reading it. Yummy is a book my kids enjoyed but I didn't. It feels like a collection of dumbed-down fairy tales with non of the details.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Things They Carried has a permanent place on my list of top-ten favorites of all time - it's a perfect choice for a buddy read!

    Been missing you on Twitter - hope all is well in your world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd you get so far ahead of me in Bone?! LOL..you're on volume 7 already?! Lots of reads there!! You should be busy for awhile there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the admirable pile there! My library checkouts have dwindled to one. That hardly ever happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Wow! Hope you get a chance to read all of them. I have the Louisa May Alcott book but haven't had a chance to start it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.