Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The TwentyEleven Challenge

I wasn't really going to do challenges next year, but there are a few people that I consider friends and I want to support their challenges, so I will slowly join a few. Plus, this is a creative idea and I had a lot of fun with it last year. I am hoping to be a bit more organized next year, though.

So, really simple. Read 20 books from 11 categories. To see a more in-depth explanation and see a description for each category head over and visit Bart's Bookshelf.

And the categories for TwentyEleven are:

1. To YA or not YA...
- Since I tend to read both, I am just going to include both.
1. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
AND
1. Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley
2. Plain Kate by Erin Bow

2. ... With a Twist
1.
2.

3. Hot Off the Presses
1. A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear
2. The Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason

4. It Wasn't Me!
1. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanaghan - Recommended by Ana (Nymeth)
2. My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger - Recommended by Amy (Ames)

5. Show it Who is Boss!
1. Witness in Death by J.D. Robb (In Death Series, Book 10)
2. Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb (In Death Series, Book 11)

6. Bablefish
1. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
2.

7. Will-Power? What Will-Power?
1. Fables Volume 14: Witches by Bill Willingham & Company
2. Masques by Patricia Briggs

8. Mind the Gap
1. Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb - Book 3 in the Tawny Man Trilogy
2. The Infinity Gate by Sara Douglass - Book 3 in the DarkMountain Trilogy

9. Back in the Day
1. The Time-Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

10. Way Back When
1. The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster

11. Slim-Pickings
1.
2.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to join this one, too. I can't resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard! Hope you have a blast with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.