Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week in Review (8)

Random Thoughts

I sort of started reading again this week. I think I just needed something entirely different. I have read from the library so much the last year or so and it is always the same sort of stuff over and over again. I need to read some more variety. And, the fact that there were books I really didn't like this month didn't help matters. One once in a while isn't so bad, but a bunch at one time is disappointing! I also ordered a few books this week and they should all arrive this week. Yay!

Challenge News

I read the next volume in Chobits which counts for the Manga Challenge. On another note, I only just noticed now that my library doesn't have the last volume in the series! So, will have to find another way to read it. I want to finish the series!

Weekly Reads

46. Bone: Quest for the Spark by Jeff Smith and Tom Sniegoski (Book 1)
47. Chobits Volume 6 by Clamp
48. Spitfire Women of World War II by Giles Whittell

Currently reading: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

Weekly Posts

Review: Muppet Snow White by Jesse Blaze Snider, Patrick Storck, & Company
Buddy Review: Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier

New Additions

Bought:
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

Borrowed:
Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
By the time you read this, I will be dead by Julie Anne Peters
Zombies vs Unicorns edited by Holly Black
Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim
Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
Chobits Volume 7 by Clamp
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rebecca Cohn
Peace, Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson
How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Loaded:
Nothing this week

Received:
Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr (HarperCollins Canada) - I actually received this last week. I forgot to post it, though.

Sunday Book Coveting


My library doesn't have this and I think it sounds like a really worthwhile read. Next time I buy books it will be included in the purchases!








Jo Walton is an author I have wanted to read for a while but haven't had a chance to read her yet. This book looks really good. Again, library doesn't have it.








What are some books you would really like to have a chance to read? How did your reading go this week?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you've started back reading.I can't wait to read your thoughts on Spitfire Women of World War II, The Weird Sisters, and Peace Locomotion.

    My reading went okay this week because I read a ton of graphic novels. Hope you're having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a great weekend. Carl wrote a great review of that Jo Walton book. I actually have it but just haven't gotten around to it! Ugh. I need more hours in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, thanks for reminding me that Among Others is in my library book pile! I know there are lots of holds on it, so it is my Duty to return it as soon as I can.

    It's been years since I read The Three Musketeers, but I still remember the crush I had on Athos....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vasilly: Thanks! I am looking forward to reading The Weird Sister and Peace, Locomotion!

    Iliana: I really want it... I hope by the time I do it lives up to the hype I am getting in my head for it...

    Charlotte: I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Among Others. I could ask my library to buy it, but I think it is a book I want to own...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.