Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week in Review (10)

Random Thoughts

I wrote this post up and then I finished the book I said I had just started! I wasn't expecting to have any reading time tonight, so I wasn't expecting to finish the book until tomorrow. For those wondering what it was, it was River Marked by Patricia Briggs. I really really liked it. I actually think it was my favourite book in the series. There was a lot of Native American mythology mixed in with it, and for a history buff it attracted me greatly. I only wish that some of the secondary characters were in it more, but I enjoyed the characters that were introduced. It was just a personal thing and not something that really took away from the story. I can't wait until the next book! I will be so sad when this series ends.

Otherwise, this week saw the addition of Netflix into my life. I really enjoy it and have lots and lots of options that I want to watch. It might affect my reading a bit... I had a good reading week, though. Zombies vs. Unicorns didn't really have any stories that I hated. Sweet Tooth was very interesting. I am glad I read Chris' review and was intrigued. Then, there was Hereville which I read on Vasilly's recommendation and that was really good, too. After that I read My Most Excellent Year, Across the Universe, and River Marked. They were all awesome! I wish all my reading weeks were so amazing!

Challenge News

Nothing, actually. Everything I read this week was for fun. Weird!

Weekly Reads

59. Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (Completed March 6, 2011)
60. Sweet Tooth - Volume 1: Out of the Deep Woods by Jeff Lemire (Completed March 9, 2011)
61. Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword by Barry Deutsch (Completed March 9, 2011)
62. My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger (Completed March 11, 2011)
63. Across the Universe (Across the Universe, Book 1) by Beth Revis (Completed March 11, 2011)
64. River Marked by Patricia Briggs (Mercedes Thompson Series, Book 6) (Completed March 12, 2011)

Currently Reading:
Troublesome Young Men by Lynne Olsen
Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (I honestly need to get reading on this.)
The Magicians & Mrs. Quent by Galen Beckett (I sort of stalled. Oops!)

Weekly Posts

New Additions
Bought:
River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Borrowed:
(This is all of it...)
The Boneshaker by Kate Milford
Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim
Peace, Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson
How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones
By The Time You Read This, I'll be Dead by Julie Anne Peters
One Piece Vol 4
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
What Good Are the Arts by John Carey
Nightschool Volume 2
The Shadow Hunt by Katherine Langrish
Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
Under the Poppy by Kath Koja
Touched by an Alien by Kini Koch
The Complete Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore
Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi

Loaded:
Nothing this week...

Received:
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
An Embarrassment of Riches by Chelsea Quinn Yarbo
River Marked by Patricia Briggs

7 comments:

  1. HOORAY FOR AWESOME READING WEEKS!!!! Hope you have another one this week, Kelly! (I, on the other hand, just can't seem to get anything read.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week of reading turned out to be terrific!!! I like the Native American mythology aspect in the book you just finished. Probably why I so loved the First North Americans series by the Gear's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm two books behind in the Mercy series now. Aack! I really need to get to reading. I'm glad to hear that you have had such a great week of reading. My reading has been kinda slow but that is to be expected with a sick little one. I'm hoping to get some quality reading done today. Sounds like you picked up some good reads from the library as well. I would be interested to read Unbearable Lightness myself at some point. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought River Marked this week too! I expect to read it next week, I've been looking forward to it for ages.

    I hope the Magicians and Mrs Quent picks up for you again soon - I really loved it when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how jealous I am that you got The Peach Keeper already, and have to ask why didn't you tell me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy Pathfinder and The Boneshaker. Those are two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Debi: Thanks! I hope you get in a reading groove soon!

    *Staci: I need to read the Gear's. Just haven't managed it yet!

    *Samantha: You need to get reading! It gets better and better!

    *Meghan: I think The Magicians and Mrs Quent is a mood problem...

    *Marg: Even though I have it, I am waiting for you... See, I'm nice about it. :) lol

    *Becky: I actually brought back to the library unread (oops!). Will be getting them back, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.