Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week in Review (11)

Random Thoughts

After the really good books I finished last weekend, I found I had a hard time getting into anything this week. I only read one novel, and it was young adult. Then, I thought I would try and catch-up on the graphic novels I have out from the library, but only managed two of them. Friday and Saturday I kept starting things and getting distracted, so last night I decided to read the True Blood comics that I borrowed and should probably give back. At least it made me feel accomplished, but if I kept track of page numbers this year would be depressing.

This week I really need to read some of the books that I stalled on. It's also the start of the Once Upon a Time Challenge, so hopefully can concentrate on some fantasy books. We will see how things go. I also need to use my eReader, it is feeling neglected, and get back to some non-fiction because I have a lot and more is coming in the next few months. In the meantime, I am reading the second book in the Horatio Lyle series by Catherine Webb. I would have finished it last night, but the cc came home early from work. I am disappointed that I didn't manage to get things finished so I could start fresh this week. Hopefully I can accomplish something by the end of this one...

Challenge News

I read the 4th book in the One Piece series, so that counts for Manga. I think I am done that challenge now... Otherwise, nothing again. Must do better next week!

Weekly Reads

65. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan (Completed March 14, 2011)
66. Once Piece Volume 4 - The Black Cat Pirates by Eiichiro Oda (Completed March 15, 2011)
67. The Complete Strangers in Paradise Volume 1 by Terry Moore (Completed March 15, 2011)
68. True Blood Volume 1 by Alan Ball, David Tischman, Mariah Huehner, & David Messina (Completed March 20, 2011)
69. True Blood Volume 2 by Alan Ball, David Tischman, Mariah Huehner, & David Messina (Completed March 20, 2011)
70. True Blood Volume 3 by Alan Ball, David Tischman, Mariah Huehner, & David Messina (Completed March 20, 2011)
71. True Blood Volume 4 by Alan Ball, David Tischman, Mariah Huehner, & David Messina (Completed March 20, 2011)
72. True Blood Volume 5 by Alan Ball, David Tischman, Mariah Huehner, & David Messina (Completed March 20, 2011)
73. True Blood Volume 6 by Alan Ball, David Tischman, Mariah Huehner, & David Messina (Completed March 20, 2011)

I can't count. This is the second week I have posted my weekly reads and noticed that my numbering is wrong... Go me!

Weekly Posts

Review: Spitfire Women of World War II by Giles Whittell
Buddy Review: Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
Buddy Review: Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason
The Last for a While.... (I bought books...)
Review: River Marked by Patricia Briggs

New Additions

I did, but I only count them when they arrive.

Ursula by Fabio Moon
Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel
The Sentimentalists by Johanna Skibsrud (Won the Giller in 2010)
Essex County by Jeff Lemire (Canada Reads Selection 2010)

Nothing this week...

Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (I think I forgot this before...)


  1. I'm sorry this week wasn't the best for your reading! I hope next week will be better for you!

    (If it helps, I've been having some reading trouble myself. I think it's because almost all the reading I've done has been assigned reading.)

  2. I think that your bad weeks are my good weeks in reading...LOL! Hope that this week is better for you :)

  3. You're still having a fantastic year so far! I hope you have a good week. :)

  4. I think you're having a fantastic month so far..I'm sure you'll find something that will grab you this week!

  5. And there I was, happy to get over 20 books read so far this year! LOL!! I just saw your totals on the side bar. I had a reading slump this week too, I couldn't get into anything for the longest time. Then I read three books this weekend, so I feel much better.

    I'm curious to what you'll think of The Sentimentalists. And just saw on Pat's blog that Patrick Rothfuss's new book had come out, so I think I'll book-shopping soon. Did you like the first one in the series? I did, very much.

  6. Looks like a great reading week as always! I really need to start using my ereader more too :/ I forget I have it sometimes!!

  7. Wow, lots of True Blood! I have never read/watched anything in that series.

    I am interested to hear what you think of Wise Man's Fear. I didn't LOVE the first book in that series, so I hope this one is better :-)

  8. How are those True Blood comics?

  9. *Shanra: It doesn't matter how many graphic novels I read, I always feel like I am cheating!

    *samantha: ha ha, sorry... :)

    *Carrie: Thanks, Carrie! You too!

    *Staci: Thanks!

    *Susan: I loved the first book by Rothfuss! I have the second here to read and I slowly started it last night. :)

    *Chris: Same, it seems!

    *Aarti: Well, I read one of the books... Wasn't a fan... Watched the first season... The cc really liked it, I wasn't a big fan... So, this was try number three from others to make me like the series. The comics weren't terrible, but still, there are better series, I think.

    *Amy: I liked them better than the novels...


Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.