I had an interesting week... My father is with a woman that has two children from a previous relationship. I don't see them all that often, but the littlest one has health problems. This past week the health problems became rather severe and she came very close to dying. It's a terrible thing, but she is on the road to recovery and was even allowed to leave the hospital. I called her last night to see how she was and she is mostly just disappointed that she can't go to her sleep-away camp this week. (She's 11.) Her parents and my father are freaked out about the whole experience, but other than being happy to be out of the hospital, she was more interested in talking about camping.
Anyway, this excitement slowed my reading down a bit, but I still managed to get a fair bit accomplished. There are so many books that I want to read and so little time to do so! I think limited time is something that has been in the back of my mind this week. I also find it rather coincidental that after not seeing the little one for a while, I went to visit last weekend. I should probably visit more regularly considering she pointed out how rarely she sees me and I was amazed at how tall she has gotten!
144. Jack of Fables - Volume 9: The End by Bill Willingham and Company (Completed July 17, 2011)
145. Other by Karen Kincy (Completed July 18, 2011)
146. The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin (Completed July 19, 2011)
147. Steal the Dragon by Patricia Briggs (Sianim Series, Book 3) (Completed July 19, 2011)
148. Chime by Franny Billingsley (Completed July 20, 2011)
149. Love Times Three: Our True Story of a Polygamous Marriage by Joe, Alina, Vicki, and Valerie Darger (Completed July 21, 2011)
Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Buddy Review: Enchanted by Steven Millhauser
Short Story Wednesday: Part 5
Nothing this week...
The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman
Insatiable by Meg Cabot
All That is Bitter & Sweet by Ashley Judd
Correspondence: An Adventure in Letters by John N. Hall
The Iron Throne by Caitlin Kittredge
Nothing this week...
Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong
The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
There is No Dog by Meg Rosoff