- In January I started off the year actually reading classics! I received an eReader last year for Christmas and my aim was to read more classic books. This meant that I finally read H.G. Wells, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Charlotte Bronte, Jean Webster, etc.
- I also started using programs like NetGalley and requesting e-books from the library.
- I think January was also the start of what could be called 'The Year of the Muppets'. I read several of the comic books in January and had lots of fun!
- In February I actually tried to start watching more movie classics. I was able to maintain this for a while, but it fizzled a bit as the year progressed.
- I also read books by J.D. Robb... An author I hadn't read since 2007! (I am just really bad with series...)
- One major accomplishment is actually reading Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. That book had been on TBR pile for an insanely long time!
- March was a bit of a project month because I read several books that others wanted me to read. Tender Morsels is a good example. I kept starting that book and then not finishing it. I am glad I held on to it, though, because it turned out to be one of my favourite reads of the year!
- The most exciting thing about March was the reading of River Marked by Patricia Briggs. It is my favourite book in the series so far and one of my favourite series period. I am just disappointed there is nothing new in that series until 2013!
- But, ultimately, my favourite thing about March is the launch of the Once Upon a Time challenge.
- What I am also finding is that even though I have relatively good numbers for my totals this year, I have been struggling for most of it to actually read. Hopefully 2012 will be better!
- The saddest thing about March was the passing of Diana Wynne-Jones. She will be missed!
-In April I spent some time with Charles de Lint. I love spending time with him!
- I also read the new book by Neil Peart. I really wish I could one day lead someone to reading his books because he really is a fantastic author...
- I read a lot of graphic novels and comics in April and then hardly read them the rest of the year...
- The guys birthday is in May but I didn't mention it this year. Weird.
- In May I continued to spend time with Charles de Lint.
- I read the newest book by Arthur Slade in May. Another author more people should read!
- I went a bit too crazy buying books the first part of the year. It is no wonder I can't find space for the ones I got for Christmas... The slowed down reading combined with the influx of books didn't exactly even out.
- I can't believe that I had forgotten how hard it was for me to read for most of the year. I seem to have erased most of that from my memory. I suppose it is because the numbers were there, but they were a struggle. It is no wonder I am in a Reading Slump now...
- June is when all my computer problems started. This first time I did get it fixed and returned for a bit.
- In June I did finish some series/trilogies and read books off of my TBR pile, so it wasn't a totally bad month.
- In July I reviewed a book by Robin Hobb that I read back in June. I hadn't read a book by her since 2007. I am terrible at series!
- In July I started what I hoped was a Terry Pratchett year, but for some reason I never seem to make much progress with him.
- I started 'Friday Reads' in July. I haven't been doing them lately because I am not reading, but they will hopefully be back in the New Year.
- I reread Outlander in July. I am always impressed when I reread books because I do it very rarely!
- My youngest step-sister had a major health scare this month. (She is doing fine now.)
- And then, my computer died again...
- New computer!
- August was really centred around the Memorial Service for the guys sister who died from cancer last December. It was the closure that most of the family needed.
- I started Way of Kings in August. This is mentioned because I complained about how I have 2 copies of the book and both are in rough shape...
- August brought a return of NetGalley and actually using my eReader.
- Then it was time to get ready for the R.I.P. challenge.
- September has Book Blogger Appreciation Week. I didn't participate a lot, but I did discover new blogs!
- It was also the start of the Read-Along of J.R.R. Tolkien. I am disappointed I never read The Return of the King in November.
- And, the month was rounded out by the birth of my friends baby, Piper.
- My birthday is in October, so I of course bought books...
- I also participated in several read-alongs as part of the R.I.P. Challenge.
- October also brought the launch of the television show Once Upon a Time.
- In November I posted almost everyday, but I didn't read much of anything.
- I did get some reviewing done, though.
- I started my 'Tuning in on Thursday' posts.
- I started looking forward to 2012.
- I also started doing 'What are you Listening to Wednesday' posts.
- I am still not reading.
- We got Casey, though! (The kitten).
- I have basically spent the month with Virtual Advent and hurrying the month along.
- Last night the person close to the guy that I have sorted of hinted around to passed away from cancer. 1 year and a week exactly from when his sister died.
- Yes, December 12th was the 1 year anniversary of his sisters' passing.
- I did do a vlog, though!
- And now I am getting ready for the holidays and getting organized for the New Year ahead.