What I Learned
I like projects. It was fun putting together Titanic Week for Historical Tapestry. It also rekindled an old interest in a subject I had been mostly ignoring because of all the other book recommendations from blogging that have taken my attention over the years. It is nice to concentrate on one subject especially since the Centennial has meant all sorts of new books and information.
One of the things I mentioned last month was the division between men and women authors that I have been reading. I have still read way more men than women. It's just weird for me. I would be happy to get it about even as the year progresses, but I also do not pay attention to sex when picking the next book that I read. I might have to change that. I have to admit that I am happy to see a move away from young adult books. It will make me a happier reader. I get tired of the same themes that have been throughout them lately. It just winds up annoying me. There are good ones, don't get me wrong, but I hate things like love triangles. If I don't read as much it will make things better.
And, I have only read 19 library books so far this year. I am happy to be reading my own books because they get neglected.
New To Me Authors
Allan Stratton (The Grave Robber's Apprentice)
Charles Todd (A Duty to the Dead)
Jennifer Adams (Alice in Wonderland: A Colors Primer)
John Boileau (Titanic and Halifax)
Hugh Brewster (Gilded Lives)
Sue Macy (Wheels of Change)
Another low number for reading new authors. I still want to read new ones, but I also want to read authors I have read before.
Skulduggery Pleasant Series: 6.5/6.5 - CAUGHT UP!
Dream Catcher Series: 3.5/3.5 - FINISHED!
Alpha and Omega Series: 3/3 - CAUGHT UP!
Bess Crawford Series: 1/1
Sianim Series: 4/4 - FINISHED!
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 2/2 - CAUGHT UP!
Bigtime Series: 3/3 - FINISHED!
Harper Hall Trilogy - 1/3
Christmas Gift Cards: 2
Used Book Store: 3
Review Copy: 5
Free Download: 2
What I Read
43. Skulduggery Pleasant - Book 6.5: The End of the World by Derek Landy (Completed March 1, 2012)
44. Cabel's Story (Dream Catcher Series, Book 1.1) by Lisa McMann (Completed March 2, 2012)
45. Fair Game: An Alpha and Omega Novel (Book 3) by Patricia Briggs (Completed March 2, 2012)
46. The Grave Robber's Apprentice by Allan Stratton (Completed March 3, 2012)
47. A Duty to the Dead: A Bess Crawford Mystery (Book 1) by Charles Todd (Completed March 3, 2012)
48. Red Sky at Night: Superstitions and Wives' Tales Compiled by Atlantic Canada's Most Eclectic Collector by Vernon Oickle (Completed March 6, 2012)
49. RASL Volume 1: The Drift by Jeff Smith (Completed March 7, 2012)
50. The Arrival by Shaun Tan (Completed March 7, 2012)
51. When Demons Walk by Patricia Briggs (Sianim, Book 4) (Completed March 8, 2012)
52. Alice in Wonderland: A Colors Primer by Jennifer Adams (Completed March 16, 2012)
53. Jane Eyre: A Counting Primer by Jennifer Adams (Completed March 16, 2012)
54. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Volume 1 by Alan Moore, Kevin O'Neill, and Company (Completed March 16, 2012)
55. Karma Girl (Bigtime Series, Book 1) by Jennifer Estep (Completed March 17, 2012)
56. Hot Mama (Bigtime Series, Book 2) by Jennifer Estep (Completed March 18, 2012)
57. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Volume 2 by Alan Moore, Kevin O'Neill, and Company (Completed March 18, 2012)
58. Hunting Kat by Kelley Armstrong (Completed March 22, 2012)
59. Kat by Kelley Armstrong (Completed March 22, 2012)
60. Jinx (Bigtime Series, Book 3) by Jennifer Estep (Completed March 22, 2012)
61. Dragonsong (Harper Hall Trilogy, Book 1) (Completed March 23, 2012)
62. Star Trek: Legion of Super-Heroes - Volume 1 by Chris Roberson & Jeffrey Moy (Completed March 23, 2012)
63. Halifax and Titanic by John Boileau (Completed March 26, 2012)
64. The Last Dragon by Jane Yolen and Rebecca Guay (Completed March 27, 2012)
65. Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage: The Titanic's First-Class Passengers and Their World by Hugh Brewster (Completed March 30, 2012)
66. Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flat Tires Along the Way) by Sue Macy (Completed March 31, 2012)
Books Added to the TBR Pile
Fair Game by Patricia Briggs (gift card) (read)
The End of the World by Derek Landy (read)
A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd (e-book) (read)
My Jennifer Estep and Ilona Andrews order arrived!
Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear (gift card)
The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe (Harper Collins)
Gilded Lives, Fated Voyage by Hugh Brewster (Harper Collins)
Borderline by Allan Stratton (Harper Collins)
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong (Random House)
Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters by Various Authors
Letters from the Cape by Lady Lucie Duff Gordon (Passenger)
A Journey in Other Worlds by John Jacob Astor (Science-fiction by Passenger)
The Loss of the S.S. Titanic by Lawrence Beesley
Three Weeks by Elinor Glyn (Sister of Duff Gordon. This is credited as a first in romance.)
Letters from Egypt by Lady Lucie Duff Gordon (Passenger)
The Wreck of the Titan by Morgan Robertson
Titanic by Filson Young
I also have from NetGalley:
Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep
American Rose by Karen Abbott
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Mrs. Robinson's Disgrace by Kate Summerscale
Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen by Donna Gephart
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Every You, Every Me by David Levithan
Camp Nine by Vivienne Schiffer
Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel
Down These Strange Streets edited by George R.R. Martin
Shockoholic by Carrie Fisher
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
How to Read a Poem by Molly Peacock
A Good American by Alex George
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Wheels of Change by Sue Macy (Read)
Collision Course by Gordon Korman