Thursday, July 05, 2012

Where in the World are you Reading? - Mr Linky is Up!


From Trish's intro post so you don't have to read mine again:
The other day I was brainstorming post ideas with Kelly (Kailana) when a meme idea hit me smack in the face. Don't worry, it didn't hurt (snort). Knowing that Kelly lives in a city foreign to mine, I thought it would be neat to see some of her local bookish hangouts--maybe public library, a bookstore, a favorite place to hangout and read. This then led to seeing pictures from all over the world of YOUR bookish haunts.
With such a diverse and worldly bookish community, wouldn't it be fun to learn about or see pictures from all over the world? Soon Kelly, Lisa, and I were brainstorming ideas for a monthly meme to showcase Where in the World Are You Reading. Each month will have a different theme such as a local bookstore, your local library, your favorite reading spot at home, a cafe you frequent to read, etc. To start, Where in the World Are You Reading meme will rotate between our blogs (Kelly, Lisa, and myself) each month. If it catches we might increase the frequency of the meme and include additional hosts in the rotation.
Each month there will be a different theme for Where in the World Are You Reading (link to static meme page). On the first Thursday of the month a linky will post and you can link up any (and as many) time during the month. Please feel free to piggyback your post with other memes such as Sunday Salon, Snapshot Saturday, Wordless Wednesday, etc. Just be sure to include the button and a link back to the linky post. At the end of the month we'll create a wrap-up of all of the links for you to enjoy. We're hoping that Where in the World Are You Reading will help you get to know other bloggers as well as travel vicariously all around the world.
This month the theme is Local Bookstore.


Trish has Mr. Linky this month at her blog (I will add a direct link when it actually posts).

Now, go forth and take lots of pictures of your bookstores! I will post mine next Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really neat idea.
    Not sure I can join but I'm looking forward to the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea! I know I'll be joining in the fun soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.