Thursday, November 28, 2013
I Am Thankful For...
This all sort of started when I was trying to find a picture from a year ago on my Instagram for one of my photo-a-day challenges. I wound up looking through a bunch of old pictures and it made me think how lucky I am to have a guy that accepts my strange quirks. There were so many days on there that I was behind on photo-a-day and he would drive me around so I could snap a few pictures. He even went out and got a camera. Then, when we were getting ready to move into the new house he was not thrilled about my books. We had only ever had two bookcases at the apartment and the rest of the books were in my mother's basement. But, he found room for all of my bookcases and ordered books online for me to replace some of the ones that got wet from the move. And that is just the beginning. I mean, he also drove me to the store the other day to buy an Elf on the Shelf, which he thinks is the stupidest thing ever, and has been helping me come up with strange locations for the Elf. I just wanted a fun Christmas tradition that we could share. I am just breaking the conventions of what the Elf on the Shelf normally is about.
Other things I am grateful for are:
1. My Keurig. I love starting my day off with a coffee (or two) and a few moments of quiet time.
2. The Munchkin aka Casey. She is a constant source of entertainment and I think a household with an animal is a more balanced one. I am glad she is back living with us.
3. All of you. Let's face it, my blogging and reading have been sporadic the last couple years and I often considering leaving the blogging entirely, but I stick around for the people I have met through blogging. For me, blogging has always been about the community and less about the popularity.
4. My camera. I love seeing the world through my lens and stopping to appreciate things that I may have overlooked otherwise. I have also enjoyed the learning experience and really need to get back at it.
5. Instagram. Since joining Instagram I have learned to notice things that I never paid attention to before. I also have met people on there, enjoy the chances to be creative, and love playing with all the photo apps out there.
6. Books! Um, duh. Reading may not be my primary hobby any more, but I am glad to have the opportunity to visit the written world and it has got me through a lot in my life.
7. My quirks. I love doing photo-a-day. I love that I finally threw convention out the window and got an Elf on the Shelf. I love doing Project Life, even if I am way behind. I love taking random pictures of the red Poppet I got from Carl ages ago. I love reading photography books and magazines. And, I love that I am always looking for a new project...
8. Sending and receiving postcards. Getting mail is so fun! In this digital age it is the best feeling to open the mailbox and get something that isn't a bill. I think it has given me a chance to get to know people better, too. Now if I could just get back in the groove!
9. Friend and family. They are an important part of life.
10. Audiobooks. This has been the year of the audiobook for me. Without them I hardly would have read anything, so I appreciate a new medium to get that chance.
So, there are some of the things I am thankful for. What are you thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!!