Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Long-Awaited Reads Month

Alrighty! I am going to try and join in for Ana and Iris' Long-Awaited Reads Month in January. If I make a list I never follow it, but people like lists... So, a pool of possibilities is in order. Only, what would this be...

Well, there is whatever I haven't read from my Winter TBR that I posted as part of Top Ten Tuesday.

I need to read some science-fiction for the Sci-Fi Experience. I have Star Trek and then there is John Scalzi. I love him and listened to two audiobooks by him this year. I haven't finished his Old Man War series and it would be awesome to get back to them. I also want to read more from Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan series. It is one of the series that I would like to come near to completing in 2014. If not complete! And then there is J.D. Robb! I have no idea when I even last read a book in the series and I like the series...

Another project I have toying around in my mind is Terry Pratchett. I updated my list of Discworld novels that I own and I have almost all of them. I am humming and hawing with whether I want to go audio or paperback. I am listening to Hogfather right now and the narrator is kind of annoying me. He is fine most of the time, but his female voices leave a bit to be desired.

Then there is so many other options! I am behind in a lot of series. There are a lot of favourite authors that the books are just sitting on my shelves. It would be nice to get to some of them!

What are some of your long-awaited reads?

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear I give your Terry Pratchett project two enthusiastic thumbs up :P Glad you're joining in, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun! If I didn't already have January commitments, I might think of joining in.

    I've always wanted to read Terry Pratchett's books, but there are so many! One of these days, I'll give him a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've signed up for this challenge too but I have no idea what I'm going to read yet. *sigh* Having a winter tbr sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scalzi is one of those authors I've been wanting to try for ages. I really should push him to the top of my pile too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second Hilary Mantel was one of my long-awaited reads, and I just got to it. Jackie, I agree that you should push Scalzi to the top of your pile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.