Tuesday, May 03, 2016

April in Review


What I Learned

To do lists are even more helpful than I thought. I basically spent April making lists and crossing them off... And, it worked! There are some things that need to be tweaked, of course. There are hobbies I want to work on and just need to work them in. When the day starts, I am all about crossing things off and getting things done. I fizzle in the evening a lot of the time. As a result my reading is struggling because the evening is the time when I normally read. I am hoping to get back on track with that soon!

The Books

117. Fairest - Volume 5: The Clamour for Glamour by Mark Buckingham, etc.
118. Fairest: In All the Land by Bill Willingham, etc.
119. Baba Yaga's Assistant by Marika McCoola
120. Armada by Ernest Cline (audiobook)
121. Gotham Academy - Volume 2: Calamity by Becky Cloonan
122. The Autumnlands - Volume 1: Tooth and Claw by Kurt Busiek
123. Birthright - Volume 1: Homecoming by Joshua Williamson
124. Batgirl - Volume 1: The Darkest Reflection by Gail Simone
125. Kids Are Weird by Jeffrey Brown
126. Legends of Red Sonja by Gail Simone, etc.
127. Cloaks by Caleb Monroe
128. Ghost Racers by Felipe Smith
129. Inferno: Warzones by Dennis Hopeless
130. Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders by Al Ewing
131. The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey (audiobook)
132. Paper Girls - Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
133. Korvac Saga: Battleworld by Dan Abnett
134. E is for Extinction: Warzones by Chris Burnham
135. 1602 Witch Hunter Angela by Marguerite Bennett
136. Daredevil - Volume 4: The Autobiography of Matt Murdock by Mark Waid
137. Deathlok - Volume 2: Man Versus Machine by Nathan Edmondson
138. Guardian - Team up: Volume 2 by Bill Willingham
139. A Slip of the Keyboard: Collected Non-Fiction by Terry Pratchett
140. Bucky Barnes - The Winter Soldier - Volume 2 by Ales Kot
141. Giant Days - Volume 2 by John Allison
142. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, Book 1) by Amie Kaufman
143. Batgirl - Volume 2: Knightfall Descends by Gail Simone
144. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
145. Supergirl - Volume 1: Last Daughter of Krypton by Michael Green
146. Peter Panzerfaust - Volume 1: The Great Escape by Kurtis J. Wiebe
147. Lexicon by Max Barry (Audiobook)

The Source

Bought 13
Audible 4
Scribd 3
Marvel Unlimited 10
Borrowed 1

Series Talk

Fairest Series 5/5 (And a companion short story collection) - FINISHED!
Gotham Academy - 2/2 Caught up!
The Autumnlands - 1/1 Caught up!
Birthright - 1/2
Batgirl - 2/5 
Paper Girls - 1/1 Caught up!
Daredevil - 4/4 - FINISHED!
Giant Days - 2/2 Caught up!
The Illuminae Files - 1/1 Caught up!
Supergirl - 1/1 Caught up!

Other Talk

In April I actually listened to four audiobooks!
~ Armada by Ernest Cline
~ The Girl with all the Gifts by M.R. Carey
~ The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
~ Lexicon by Max Barry

And, I watched TV... Well, Netflix...
~ Bones Season 10
~ Nashville Season 1
- Started Nashville Season 2 and watched other stuff I didn't record.

Books Added to the TBR

Baba Yaga's Assitant (read)
Batgirl - Volume 1: The Darkest Reflection (read)
Supergirl - Volume 1: Last Daughter of Krypton (read)
Batgirl - Volume 2: Knightfall Descends (read)
The Autumnlands - Volume 1: Tooth and Claw (read)
A Slip of the Keyboard: Reflections on Alzheimer's, Inspirations, Orangutans, and Hats (read)
Birthright - Volume 1: Homecoming (read)
2113: Stories Inspired by the Music of Rush
Gotham Academy - Volume 2: Calamity (read)
The Bachelor Girls Guide to Murder
Paper Girls - Volume 1 (read)
Rebel of the Sands
Illuminae (read)
Giant Days - Volume 2 (read)


8 comments:

  1. Wow! You read so much! I love to do lists. So long as I can succeed at crossing things off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you got a lot of reading done to me. I love to do lists. There's so much satisfaction in crossing something off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had to do lists, but it goes badly, because I start getting too ambitious and set myself up for failure! Maybe I should try again, holding myself to small steps (clean bathroom sink vs painting exteriour of house, for instance...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your calendar of books! I wish I could do that much reading then maybe I could work through some of my stacks :)

    Glad list-making is working out for you! Can't wait to hear what you'll be reading in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you think of the Girl with All the Gifts? I want to read that one, some day.

    I tried an audiobook once. I didn't even finish it. And I picked a book I'd read already and really enjoyed! Maybe non-fiction would work for me in audio...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems like a pretty darn productive month, Kelly! Way to go!!!
    I very much have a love/hate relationship with to-do lists. Honestly, I don't think I could survive without them, but at the same time they cause me such stress because I seem incapable of making them even remotely realistic so I can't finish them and thus end up feeling like a failure at the end of every day. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm commenting in a reply to Debi because the regular comment box is now showing up right now, so sorry about tagging on, Debi!

      But, Kailana, holy cow! You've read more this month than I've read all year! You're an inspiration!

      Delete
  7. You are tearing through your unfinished series! Nice work!

    My reading pace has slowed down a little this month after I got distracted by Daredevil on Netflix. I watched the first season in a couple of days and am trying to resist the second season until I've done some more work.

    Good luck for May!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.