Thursday, August 04, 2016

July in Review


What I Learned

July is just not a good month for me. My reading always slows down, but I find that if bad things are going to happen, they all seem to happen in July. Last year I spend my summer with a broken ankle. This July I can get around better, but I had a sick dog, human, and countless other little things that made July the month I am very happy to see the end of. That is not to say August will likely be that much more of an amazing month, but hopefully it will be better than July. I am finding myself struggling to find reading time the last few days. I have been reading the same graphic novel for a few days now. Here is to hoping this month gets going in a better direction!

The Books

200. The Girls by Emma Cline
201. A-Force - Volume 0 by G. Willow Wilson
202. Howard the Duck - Volume 0 by Chip Zdarsky
203. Star Wars: Lando by Charles Soule
204. Star Wars: Shattered Empire by Greg Rucka
205. Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy, Book 3) by Mira Grant (audio)
206. Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps by Kelly Sue DeConnick
207. Amazing Spider-Man - Volume 5: Spiral by Gerry Conway
208. Hawkeye - Volume 5: All-New Hawkeye by Jeff Lemire
209. The Monopolists by Mary Pilon (audio)
210. Giant Size Little Marvel: AvX  by Skottie Young
211. Secret Wars: Secret Love #1 by Michel Fiffe
212. Spider-Island: Warzones by Christos Gage
213. M.O.D.O.K. Assassins by Christopher Yost
214. Bookburners - Episode 1 by Max Gladstone
215. Bookburners - Episode 2 by Brian Francis Slattery
216. Bookburners - Episode 3 by Margaret Dunlap
217. Bookburners - Episode 4 by Mur Lafferty
218. The Cutting Season by Attica Locke (audio)
219. The Hunt for Vulcan by Thoman Levenson (audio)
220. Saga - Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan
221. The Fireman by Joe Hill

The Source

Bought: 3
Marvel Unlimited: 11
Audible: 4
Netgalley: 4

Series Talk

Newsflesh Trilogy - 3/3 - FINISHED!
Saga Series - 6/6 - Caught up!

Other Talk

The audio listening continues having listened to 4 audiobooks this month:

Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy, Book 3)
The Monopolists
The Cutting Season
The Hunt for Vulcan

Books Added to the TBR

Darwin's Radio
Saga - Volume 6
Ms. Marvel - Volume 5: Super Famous
Fables - The Wolf Among Us - Volume 2
Monstress - Volume 1
Bombshells - Volume 2
The Perfection of the Paper Clip
Half Wild
This Savage Song

10 comments:

  1. Sounds about how my July went. I really hate midsummer! You still read way more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. July has been less pleasant this year for me, too. On the other hand, I read A LOT to escape the heat and all of the unpleasant realities that set in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not reading much, you still read a lot! But, I understand what you're saying since you usually read a lot more. I hope August is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that first paragraph could be written by me. For years July has been the month where something nasty happens. Endless 'stuff'. This year it's been looking after my husband after his knee op. I really hate July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having a struggle concentrating on reading as well, just feeling a bit of lethargy and then comes August which is really enervating in Illinois! Hope that things fare better for you this month. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you still got a lot read to me. I hope August is better to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope August is a much better month for you! No fun when sickness and other stuff gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your month of August goes better than July, for your reading but also, and most importantly, in your life. I've been having a hard time with July too but I'm hoping this new month brings something different :)

    I have both The Fireman and The Girls on my TBR, hopefully I get to them soon. I also read Saga vol. 6 recently and really enjoyed it! I feel the characters are best when reunited, personally!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed August is a lot better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOooo, you're all up-to-date on Saga now. Just a little jealous (in a good way)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.