I saw this on Jenni's blog and thought it would be fun to do.
1. | What book is currently on your nightstand?
~ Nothing. I keep putting things back because my reading has been so sporadic! My tablet rests there sometimes, though, and more recently I have been reading The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin on in.
2. | What was the last truly great book you read?
~ Nevernight was probably the most recent, but I have read a lot of really good books this year despite reading slumps...
3. | If you could meet any other, dead or alive, who would it be? And what would you like to know?
~ Man, I have no idea. I have too many favourite authors to ever narrow down who I would like to meet about all others!
4. | What books might someone be surprised to find on your shelves?
~ Well, I don't think my reading is really a secret since I blog about it in some capacity... Most of my shelves are fantasy, science-fiction, historical fiction, and non-fiction. I suppose books that don't meet those genres? I have a bunch of J.D. Robb! I haven't read much from her in years despite efforts to try and get back around to her...
5. | How do you organise your personal library?
~ Currently, it is alphabetical by author. It used to be broken into genres and then by author, but that got too complicated. My TBR is mixed in with my read books, too. If I had more room, it would likely be more broken up. But, I can find books and that is ultimately the important thing!
6. | What book have you always meant to read and haven't gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
~ This post could go on forever if I discussed every book that I have been meaning to get to and haven't. I think one surprising thing is Sharon Kay Penman. I loved The Sunne in Splendour but have never read anything else by her! As to the second half of this question, there are so many classics that I have never got around to reading... And, I know there are many I would love. One day I will get to them!
7. | Disappointing, overrated, just not good: which book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
~ I know that lots of people love Pullman, but this trilogy didn't work for me at all. It sounded like a me book at the time, but I just only kind of liked it and have never felt any interest in reading the sequels. As to books I have put down? So many. I have started books all over the place the last few months. It is likely not the book, but me, so I won't name names.
8. | What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you steer clear of?
~ I would say my favourite genre is fantasy. It is definitely the type of genre that I can always find stories that I enjoy in it and it is where I am comfortable. As to what I steer clear of... Westerns. I don't think I have read a Western in the entire time I have been blogging.
9. | What do you plan to read next?
~ The Last Days of Magic will likely be my next audio. Have no idea what I will read with my eyes next, though!
*Note, if you plan to do this yourself there was another question that I skipped. Please see Jenni's post if you are interested!