Friday, December 16, 2016
Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts
1. | There have been 3 snow days this week and it is not even officially winter yet. This doesn't look promising for actual winter. I was supposed to do things today and it is very not nice looking out at the moment. Hopefully it clears as the day goes.
2. | I am pretty much done Christmas. I just need to get two more things and wrap something that isn't set to arrive until Tuesday. This is more accomplished than most years. I tend to wrap presents very last minute, so the fact that I am done that is a miracle.
3. | My cold went away and came back. Hope you do not catch the cold going around this year. The last couple years I was lucky and didn't catch one. This one has made up for that!
4. | I am determined to work on my TBR in 2017. One of my goals for 2016 was to not have any unread graphic novels in my house. I still have a few. I am bad with reading goals... This definitely has to happen for 2017, though. And, I would just like to decrease the unread books in my house in general. I am making my way through audiobooks faster, so hopefully that continues. I have a backlog of those, too!
5. | I am still quiet with my reading. I have been listening to audios and reading a bit here and there. I guess it is a way to cleanse the expectations and get back on a roll in January. Still a couple weeks left, so I could read a bit more before the year officially ends. I think it is more that I want to read many things to the point where I am just not reading anything. I am weird like that.
6. | I read a novella by Fran Wilde a bit earlier this year, so I decided to finally listen to her novels. The first one is narrated by the same narrator that did Daughter of Smoke and Bone, so this was a very good decision. I have read some really good fantasy this year. I have listened to way more audio than I normally do, too. This has all helped!
7. | With the thought of getting to all of my graphic novels before the end of next year, I started with Y: The Last Man last night. I am honestly not sure if I have read all of the volumes. I could check on Goodreads, but I am just going to go with it and read all of the Volumes to end out 2016 (and maybe start 2017). If I can stay on top of this graphic novel project, I can see me rereading some comics. I am excited!
8. | I am off to try and warm up. So cold today!