Sunday, December 04, 2016

Week in Review - Week 49


Random Thoughts

I think December is going to be audiobooks and graphic novels. It just seems to be where my head is. I have lots of other things going on this month, so at least with audiobooks I can multi-task! In January there will likely be snow and the excitement of a new start to the year, so I will get back to my TBR then. That could change. Moods, you know how they are...

Graphic Novel Year

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - Volume 1
Spider-Women
Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat - Volume 1: Hooked on a Feline

Currently Reading


Audiobook 


Weekly Reading

The Book of the Unnamed Midwife ~ I listened to this on audio. It was kind of a whim listen and I am glad I took a chance on it. It was a different take on the post-apocalyptic reads out there right now. And, I think more believable than some of them that are popular right now. It definitely made me think about things and how the world would react if the events came to pass. It also talks about feminism and women. Recommended!


Patsy Walker A.K.A. Hellcat ~ I am a bit behind on my Marvel comic reading, but this is one I was curious about and it was a lot of fun! I am glad I got a chance to check it out. I am looking forward to more in the series. Recommended!






Where'd You Go, Bernadette ~ I have been meaning to check this out forever. I am so glad I did the audio because it was a fun listen! I actually listened to it really quickly for me. I am getting better with multi-tasking and listening to audio. It means a lot more listening time than I had ever managed before. If you ever wondered why Bernadette was missing and where she went, this is the time to check it out and on audio. Strongly Recommended!


Spider-Women ~ A crossover with the Spider-women of the Marvel universe. I think it is fun that there is Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Gwen on the run at the moment and they got a series together. Many of the famous comic book heroes are men, so I hope this wave of women grows larger! Recommended!




The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - Volume 1 ~ And then there is Squirrel Girl! She is so fun and I enjoy that she even exists. It is kind of an usual mixture of girl and squirrel. But, I suppose spiders would have seemed unusual before Spider-Man was so popular. She gets into lots of adventures in this volume and it is so fun to visit with her and her friends! Recommended!




New Additions

Nothing this week...

Weekly Posts

Week in Review - Week 48
Movie Month - Day 27
Movie Month - Day 28
Top Ten Tuesday - Holiday Gift Guide - Ten Books to Buy the Graphic Novel Reader in Your Life
Movie Month - Day 29
Movie Month - Day 30
Wordless Wednesday - Take 10
WWW Wednesday - On Thursday (9)




3 comments:

  1. The Book of the Unnamed Midwife sounds fascinating. I'm always up for a good dystopian read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already put The Book of the Unnamed Midwife on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever bloggers mention "Where'd You Go Bernadette," I still smile. I really enjoyed that book. I need a fun book like that...NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.