Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Few Announcements


I am very excited to announce that Colleen Gleason, the author of The Rest Falls Away and Rises the Night, will be guest blogging on Twisted Kingdom, and that is not all. Next Wednesday she will be back to do an interview, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to make an appearance at Twisted Kingdom tomorrow, and also, if anyone has any burning questions that they want to ask Colleen, just comment here or TK, or email them in if you want them to be a total surprise, and we will make sure they get asked. Try and have them in by the weekend, though.

Next, there are only five days left of my Ten Books Bloggers Cannot Live Without meme, of sorts, and I was wondering if I was going to get anymore lists? I am pretty excited to announce the winners and the grand list, but I was hoping a few more people would join in? Also, let me know if you posted a list and I missed it, or if you see a list and I overlooked it. Or, even if people posted their lists in your comments. I do not want anyone to be overlooked!

Lastly, the coolest thing happened. I gave The Birth House away to two people. I gave it to the winner, Lynne, and to Marg from Reading Adventures because I told her that when it came out in paperback I would send her a copy, so what better time than BAFABW. Well, good karma happened, I won two books from other people having the competition. I won a book from Musings of a Bookish Kitty where I could pick a book for fifteen dollars or less, that was really hard, but I will get into that in another post. I also won a book from Lesley's Book Nook. This one was picked out for me, which was great, and I am getting The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand. I am really excited because these last few weeks have been very very stressful.

Now, would everyone like to know the biggest news of all? If I do not screw up and do something stupid, yesterday was my last day of undergraduate classes. That means, that in like a month, I am going to GRADUATE FROM UNIVERSITY!!!!! I am pretty excited, and nervous, but mostly excited.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on Twisted Kingdom and Colleen's guest blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Kailana, I think the karma gods are with you -- I've just drawn your name as the winner of Lucky Girls, as well! You'll have lots of reading to keep you busy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all your winnings! You have good luck it seems, when it comes to contests. Me, I never seem to win anything, much less two books within the same time frame! lol.

    And big, big congrats about your upcoming graduation! That is a major accomplishment and I know you must be so glad! Are you planning to further your study or is this it for you? Either way, it's awesome. Good luck! (Not that you need it! :-P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...wonderful news all around! CONGRATS on your upcoming graduation..what a fabulous accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on graduating - doesn't it feel wonderful to have that behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Hope your good luck keeps on growing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Yay for graduating! I still miss uni though and I graduated in 2004. Winning two books is very cool too.

    I should have a review up on TW Thursday hopefully *fingers crossed* and will have a look tomorrow after work too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kailana, on your upcoming graduation! That is such wonderful news! :-) And then to be showered with books on top of that! You are one lucky lady.

    I am not sure how long it will take, but you should have a package on its way to you shortly. I put in the book order this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think graduating makes me nervous more than anything right now.

    LF: If you used book depository it usually takes 7-10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on graduating soon! I hate when people say things like, "Welcome to the real world" at events like that, as though what you've been living in is some dream-like fantasy. But best of luck in the future, and make time for reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your upcoming Graduation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.