Friday, May 11, 2007

Tempting Darkness by Rene Lyons


Books Completed: 65
Completion Date: April 2007
Publication Year: 2007 in eBook format
Won in 2007
Book Three of the Templar Vampire series

Trapped in the dark, can two lost souls find their way back to the light?

Book Three of the Templar Vampire series

Once a proud Templar Knight, Lucian of Penwick lost his faith when God damned him as a vampire. Tormented by guilt, he is dragged back to his ancestral home and forced to confront the sins of his past. As he struggles to uphold his oath, Lucian knows if he falters, it’s not just his own soul on the line…

Ripped from life as she knew it, Jessica Vargo is held prisoner in a world of darkness and torment. Deep in the bowels of a medieval castle, the line between myth and reality blurs and the only one she can trust is the seven-hundred-year-old vampire.

But as darkness tempts, can Lucian and Jessica find their light?

Look Rene, I FINALLY reviewed your book. I won this book in a contest, and I will point out that it is book three in her series, so you probably want to read the first two books in the series first. The first one is currently out in paperback and the second one is going to be released soon in paperback, I believe this month. After reading this one, I acquired the other two to read as soon as I get a chance.

This book is not my usual read, but I thought I would give it a try. It was actually not what I expected, and while I do not see me reading a lot of books in this genre, I really think I will be reading more Rene Lyons. The heroine is not annoying, that is a big thing for me. I hate the whinny girls in books, I am more fond of girls with backbones. They guy does not count because he is a vampire, and they have supernatural abilities anyways, so it is a given that he has more staminia than the average person. Overall, this was a different sort of read for me, but I think that Rene has potential, so it was worth it. I will at least read the other two books in the series, but we will see what happens after that.

3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Hi Kaliana

    Sorry it took me so long to see this post. I've had surgery right around the time you posted it and since then, have been buries up to the eyeballs in busy.

    *shame*

    Thank you for giving TD a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.