Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Something Darkly This Way Comes...

I really need to read that... Anyways, it is that time of year again! Time for the R.I.P. Challenge. I am all prepared and organized this year, which is surprising, as I have been waiting for this challenge to come around! I have participated in all of Carl's challenges over the years, so this is no exception, of course. I have been reading a bit more lately, too, so hopefully that will mean that I can actually read a lot this year! I think I was still reading half-decent for this challenge last year, so that's a promising thought. So, Carl is encouraging book pools this year, which I have been doing all along anyways, so it is perfect for me! Okay, as organized as I am, I am a bit lacking in the sleep department so hopefully this post makes coherant sense! It has been a one thing after another sort of day, so I have been busy and did not get a lot of sleep in preparation!

On to the challenge. I am going with Peril the First, which means committing myself to reading 4 books between September 1st and Halloween. I think I can handle that! So, my pool, which will change and chances are I will not read anything from because my mood changes with the weather (which today alone changed like ten times), but here is the potentials anyway:
1. The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason
2. When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason
3. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
4. Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
5. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
6. Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist
7. Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong
8. Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
9. The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly
10.Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
11.The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
12.The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke
13.Don't Bet on the Prince edited by Jack Zipes

Yep, so I got that pool from going through everyone elses pools. I'm lazy. haha! I will just see what happens. I probably will start this challenge tomorrow anyways. I will also add pictures when I am more awake!

14 comments:

  1. What an awesome list Kailana! I love The Book of Lost Things, Jonathan Strange, and Gleason's series. All great books. And I've really been wanting to read Shadow of the wind. Hope you enjoy them!! Now go get some rest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I started Jonathan Strange and was loving it, but for whatever reason never finished it! I'm weird like that. I feel bad for falling behind with Colleen's books, so I am very determined to catch up. Knowing me I will read an entirely different list, but we shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. kailana: I started Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell too... and stopped about 250 pages into it...but I don't think i could tackle something that big and still read 3 others lol.. I've read the book of lost things.. that was enjoyable! I hope you like it when you read it (if).. i am liking this pool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Very very cool list. I am going to try and read On The Prowl so I can get around to Cry Wolf. This may be the time to get around finally to Colleen Gleason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pool of potential reads and my Amazon wishlist is growing exponentially as I see other's pools. I want to swim in them all!

    Thanks for the heads up on some of the link screw ups, I'll get them fixed asap. Lesson: don't be doing stuff like this when you're tired!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad you're going to read The Book of Lost Things! It's so good! I loved The Shadow of the Wind as well. It's a perfect choice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. deslily: Yeah, I don't know why I stopped reading Jonathan Strange. I was really liking it and I put it down and never picked it up again!

    rhinoa: You should read Colleen. I have read the first two books and they are well worth it.

    carl: I know what you mean... there are lots of books out there that I have never read before or heard of that have grabbed my attention.

    heather: Thanks! I do hope that The Book of Lost Things ends up being one of my reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy Shadow of the Wind - such a good book! What else - I finished Fool Moon a couple of days ago. I really need to read Colleen's books and I still haven't read JS and Mr Norell myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:13 AM

    I really enjoyed The Shadow of the Wind (which I reviewed in January) and LOVED The Book of Lost Things (reviewed in May). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for The Book of Lost Things and for Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell! Love those two. This challenge will be a lot of fun for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Both Stephanie Meyer's and Colleen Gleason's series' seem really popular this year. I'm reading at least one of each. The Connelly book is wonderful. hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice list of books to choose from. And I know.. looking at other people's list makes me want so many more books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Great pool of potential reads.

    The Book of Lost Things is awesome, and the fact that it appears on so many lists is making me want to go and add it to mine as a re-read!

    Look forward to your review posts and I hope you enjoy whichever books you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Halloween Tree is a book? I remember seeing the cartoon by the same name when I was younger, but I didn't know it was based on a book. I'll have to track that down. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.