Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week in Review (23)

Random Thoughts

This is not technically week 23, but I skipped some time in June. I was doing so well, too, but things just got away from me and I wasn't reading quite as much as I would hope to be reading. In a way I took a bit of a break, though, and things are going much better. I am excited about the wonderful books I have to read, I have been blogging, and I have actually been visiting blogs and commenting on them. It makes me happy! I got so happy that I lost my mind and did my first video blog! I am still not sure exactly what I was thinking with that. I keep thinking I might do another one, but we will have to see how that goes.

I have also been finding that I am moody with my reading lately, so I am reading more than one book at a time. This happens from time to time and it just adds some variety to the regular routine. One day I will simply find myself back at reading one book at a time. At the moment, though, I am trying to keep it so my reading doesn't get too crazy! There are so many books I am excited about and want to read! Hopefully this trend continues. I have resumed using the library after being a bit quiet with it lately.

Challenge News

I haven't really read anything challenge related this week...

Weekly Reads

132. Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, Book 1) by Robin Hobb (Completed July 3, 2011)
133. Cut by Robin Hobb (Completed July 3, 2011)
134. A Touch of Lavender by Robin Hobb (Completed July 3, 2011)
135. Kissing the Witch by Emma Donoghue (Completed July 8, 2011)
136. Game of Thrones (Book 1 of A Song of Ice and Fire Series) by George R.R. Martin (Completed July 8, 2011)

Weekly Posts


New Additions

Bought:
Nothing this week...

Borrowed:
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (currently reading)
The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic by Jennifer Trafton
Graveminder by Melissa Marr
Far to Go by Alison Pick

Loaded:
Nothing This Week...

Received:
Nothing this week...

7 comments:

  1. So love A Game of Thrones. I need to finish the rest as his newest is soon to be (already been?) released.

    I downloaded 13 Little Blue Envelopes when it was offered for free on Free Book Fridays from Barnes and Noble...it seems a fun, light read, but I've only read the first few pages. I need to improve my appreciation for YA books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Bellezza: I used to avoid YA books... Now I read WAY too many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a good week! I basically stick to one book, because whenever I try to read more than one I find that I stick to the more interesting book and abandon the other until it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. **bermudaonion: Yes, when that happens it will mean that I am back to reading one book at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading Game of Thrones over the weekend. I'm only on chapter 3 or 4 but I am enjoying it so far. As for reading more than one book at a time, that is normal operating procedure for me. Go ahead, go as crazy as you want to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a little moody with my reading lately too. I've been having a hard time deciding what to read, so sort of skim lots of different things. I think the mood will kick soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. **Stefanie: I really enjoyed Game of Thrones. I hope you do, too!

    **Kim: Reading a bunch at a time is working really well so far. I hope it continues. There is a lot I want to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.