Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week in Review (21)

Random Thoughts

I passed 100 books read for 2012. I am pretty surprised by that, actually. There have been weeks where my reading left a lot to be desired... I was hoping May would be about finishing up some of the books I am in the midst of, but it is almost over and I am still not finished everything. Instead I keep starting more books! I did finish Shadows Walking, though, which was one of the books I was reading when I posted Confessions of a Moody Reader. And, I did pick Crossing the Borders of Time back up tonight, but I haven't had much time to read it. I am hoping this means I am back to reading and get some things cleaned up during the coming week.

Postcard Project

Care's mother sent me a postcard from Kansas. Wasn't that nice of her?? It is quite obvious where Care comes from. Such wonderful people! She even wrote me a message. 
Then, Care sent me this one. I need to buy a box for all the 'miscellaneous' postcards I have.  
Then, Robin, who is back around the blogosphere with a vengeance, sent me a postcard from Washington.
I am going to scan my postcards. The pictures are just not cutting it... My scanner wouldn't work, though, but hopefully I can get it working soon!

Poetry: Read More/Blog More - A Monthly Event
Don't forget to get your poetry posts up from May 28 to 31. Lu will have Mr. Linky this month.

Trish's Pinterest Challenge
I wish this challenge wasn't over so soon! I keep reading books thinking I have pinned them and then find out that is not the case... I need to start doing it the other way around, so I need longer. Plus, I didn't do as much of the other stuff as I had hoped...  Just too much else going on... Trish, we need another month of it soon!! Hopefully things will be different...

Operation: Use My...
This has been a huge success! I managed to take a picture everyday so far. I admit that #photoadayMay helped. I hope next months project goes as well! And, I should keep the picture taking up because there is a #photoadayJune.


Challenge News
Hex Hall counts for the Once Upon a Time Challenge. Shadows Walking counts for the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge.

Weekly Reads

This was a fun start to a trilogy. I am glad I bought the e-books when I had the chance. My library is missing out not having them! I am looking forward to the rest and then I will review them all together. (e-book)









I all ready wrote about this book here. (Review Copy/e-book)











I also wrote about this book here. (Review Copy/Personal Copy/TLC Book Tours)










I really enjoy this comic series/web series. I am caught up with the comics now, so it is about time I catch-up with the show... I need to do some graphic novel reviews soon. (e-book/Review copy)









This book was so great there are not entirely words for it. I just finished it yesterday and need to think about it a bit, but wow... I really enjoy books set during WWII and this was something entirely different from what I normally read. If you get a chance definitely check it out and I will review it soon! (Review Copy/Personal Copy)







After finishing the above book I started this immediately because I was worried I would enter a reading slump. I ended up basically reading it in one sitting... I have wanted to read this book for a while, so I am glad I finally did! I look forward to the sequel. (Library Copy)








New Additions

Bought:
The Troupe by Robert Jackson Bennett

Received:
People's Pops by Nathalie Jordi, David Carrell, and Joel Horowitz (Random House)
Heirs of Prophecy by Michael A. Rothman (TLC Book Tour)
A Bitter Truth by Charles Todd (Review Copy)
Hidden Voices by Pat Lowry Collins
Daughter of Winter by Pat Lowry Collins
The Storytelling Animal by Jonathan Gottschall (TLC Book Tour)

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you've hit 100 books read this year! I'm not sure I'll hit that number by the end of 2012, but to tell you the truth, I haven't got a clue as to how many books I've read at this point :-)

    Thanks again for the post card -- it has a place of honor on our fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm interested in that photoaday. I could never successfully do those things. Perhaps with the use of iphone and apps, I'll succeed.

    100 books?! Awesome. I was thrilled to have made it to over 25. Sad, I know. But LSAT and law school application got in the way of reading. My list is here.

    I'm going to find out how to do that photoaday. Looks like fun...and challenging now that I have to take some classes in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a pretty good week you ended up having, Kailana! Much better than me. I'm happy I finished reading a book I started last month, finally, today! lol

    I like that photo a day idea. Now that I have my cell phone handy, and it's garden time, I might try something like this. Or keep it in mind. It's good to see you having fun with it!

    Those postcards are FUN, aren't they, to get? :-)

    have a good week, Kailana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting up the June photo thing. Now that I'm on Instagram, I might join you guys for the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Photoaday June! I'm going to do it this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 100 books already? That's awesome! I just passed 50 for this year, and I'm really happy about that number.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Congrats on 100 books! That's impressive! I'm only at 40... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:54 PM

    Dang girl, 100 books is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:56 AM

    I hadn't heard of Photoaday, but it's sounds like some awesome fun!
    I'm glad to hear you liked If I Stay, but I'll be curious to hear what you think about the sequel. Readers seem to either love it or hate it. Personally, I really loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just found your blog and I hope you don't mind a comment from a fellow Canadian.

    100 books already! Good for you! I'm a slow reader.

    I've been really enjoying the web series, The Guild. I haven't discovered the comics yet. I hope they're just as good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.