What I Learned
Reading slumps suck. My TBR pile has gotten insanely out of control and I am not reading to help it out. This is the first monthly post I have done since July. That's mainly because I haven't really read since July. I am all out of whack. I feel unsettled when I don't read. And overwhelmed. I had to take a bunch of my TBR pile and put it in storage because a.) I needed room for the books I am getting for Christmas (don't say anything...) and b.) because my books were starting to stress me out. I got a big order of books last year for Christmas, did my annual Christmas shopping with gift cards, and then I had all kinds of credit because of my big book purge last year. This meant a lot of books. This would be fine if my reading didn't die off to almost non-existent. (Actually, it was non-existent for a bit there.) So, I am trying to get back into a groove. I mostly only read graphic novels, most of them review copies on my tablet, but at least it is reading. I have to start somewhere. And, I read 17 books! I am excited I was able to manage that.
132. Hopeless, Maine - Volume 1: Personal Demons by Nimue and Tom Brown (Completed November 6, 2012)
133. Cursed Pirate Girl: The Collected Edition - Volume 1 by Jeremy Bastian (Completed November 6, 2012)
134. Max Overacts Volume 1 by Caanan Grall (Completed November 6, 2012)
135. Fables: Werewolves of the Heartland by Bill Willingham & Company (Completed November 6, 2012)
136. Trevor: A Novella by James Lecesne (Completed November 6, 2012)
137. Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan and Niko Henrichon (Completed November 7, 2012) 138. Farthing (Small Change Trilogy, Book 1) by Jo Walton (Completed November 24, 2012)
139. Alice in Wonderland by Raven Gregory, Robert Gill, and Jason Embury (Completed November 25, 2012)
140. The Queen's Army (Lunar Chronicles, Volume 1.5) by Marissa Meyer (Completed November 25, 2012)
141. Mankind: The Story of All of Us - Volume 1 by Mary Wolfman & Company (Completed November 25, 2012)
142. Mankind: The Story of All of Us - Volume 2 by Mary Wolfman & Company (Completed November 25, 2012)
143. World War I: History in an Hour by Rupert Colley (Completed November 25, 2012)
144. Agent Gates and the Secret Adventures of Devonton Abbey by Camaren Subhiyah and Kyle Hilton (Completed November 25, 2012)
145. August Moon by Diana Thung (Completed November 25, 2012)
146. Glitter Kiss by Adrianne Ambrose (Completed November 26, 2012)
147. Iron: Or, the War After by Shane-Michael Vidaurri (Completed November 26, 2012)
Review Copy: 12
Read Online: 1
Trish sent me a postcard from Hawaii! If everyone sends the promised cards, I just need Alabama... Can anyone help with Alabama? It is my last little card. I am at 45 out of 50 right now. I have postcards hopefully coming from Connecticut, North Dakota, New Mexico, and Delaware.
I joined Postcrossing, so I am hoping to have some postcards to share soon! I have sent a bunch, but am still waiting for my arrivals to start...
I have been a bit slack on taking pictures lately. I do end up keeping up with #photoaday (Now called #FMSphotoaday), but I haven't been as creative lately as I would like. I need to do better. I am getting a new camera for Christmas and I am very excited. This lead to me signing up for some online photography courses yesterday... The first one isn't until February and is in editing. The actual first photography course that was available wasn't until April. So, I have a wait ahead of me... In the meantime there is a book about my new camera out that explains all the settings and things. That will be added to my book pile after Christmas.