Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week in Review - Week 43


Random Thoughts

I am trying to go back to doing normal things, but man my mind is elsewhere. It has been rainy and windy and I just want to know where Casey is... Mackie, the guy, and I went for a walk around the neigbourhood and there was this one moment where I thought I heard a cat cry in reply. But, I couldn't find anything... It is raining again, but I think I probably will go out again in a bit just in case I did hear something and try again. I think it is all the harder because the read-a-thon was this weekend and, while I had a lot of fun co-hosting at the Instagram account, I wanted to be able to take lots of pictures of Casey like I normally do. This weekend has been hard. And, I am no stranger to cats wandering, my childhood cats were all outdoor cats, but Casey has never done it before... So, still hoping she is just on an epic adventure!

Graphic Novel Year

Fables: The Wolf Among Us - Volume 2

Currently Reading


Audiobook


Weekly Reads

Fables: The Wolf Among Us - Volume 2 ~ I have never loved the Fables spin-offs as much as the actual series, but I am happy that they exist so that there is still new things to read. This series is a prequel to the more famous series and centres around Bigby the Wolf. Bigby is one of my favourite characters, so I do appreciate a whole series dedicated to him. It is still not as good as the original series, but it was fun and I hope there is more but it ended like it really could just be the two volumes... Recommended!

The Nightingale ~ When I finished this, I loved it so much... But I also was like FINALLY! I am reading so slowly, so it felt like I read this book forever. But, I am so glad that I finally got a chance to check it out! It was on 2015's releases that I was really curious about but just hadn't got a chance to try. I used to read WWII fiction and non-fiction all the time, but it has been a while! This was a good reintroduction to the time period centred around women. Strongly recommended!


Black Rabbit Hall ~ I finally finished my audio, too! I really enjoyed this atmospheric novel and was so happy it was brought to my attention! It was really well done on audio. I like a good novel where the house is as much a character in the story as the actual people. What I also really liked is that there was a big story-line that they could have never revealed the details to, but in the epilogue that tie up that loose end. That is a rare thing in a book. Make sure you read the epilogue! Strongly recommended!

New Additions

A Wild Swan
The Rose & the Dagger
The Queen of Blood
The Swan Riders
The Graces
The Shadowed Sun
Labyrinth Lost
The Scorpion Rules
Giant Days - Volume 3
The Comet Seekers

Weekly Posts

Week in Review - Week 42
Wordless Wednesday - Take 5
WWW Wednesday - On Thursday (3)

9 comments:

  1. Once, someone took one of our cats in. She didn't have a collar, and I guess the kids in the house were looking for an easy adoption. The collars we have bought are the kind that break free easily for safety reasons, but they are usually lost in the house during cat spats. Anyway, Stinker did make it home after nearly two weeks and we had given up all hope. Hope Casey finds her way back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you find Casey! I didn't know you were cohosting on Instagram for the readathon. Fun! It was a good readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that Casey hasn't come home yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed The Nightingale too!

    I hope you find Casey soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you're distracted. I hope Casey finds her way home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still hoping that Casey comes back.
    And looking forward to seeing what you think about The Scorpion Rules and The Swan Riders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still hoping that Casey comes back.
    And looking forward to seeing what you think about The Scorpion Rules and The Swan Riders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there, honey. There is still hope she will come back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that y'all are still waiting for Casey to come home! I'm continuing to send an avalanche of good thoughts and good wishes your way, hoping for her safe return.

    Excellent to have another recommendation for Black Rabbit Hall! It's on my list as I love a spooky house story, but I'm also aware that when I'm on the hunt for books of a type I love, I'm much more likely to read lots and lots of mediocre ones. Sounds like Black Rabbit Hall will buck the trend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.