Sunday, January 22, 2017

Week in Review - Week 4


Life

Let's face it, my reading mojo has left the building. I have started too many books and do not have the time I would like to dedicate to them, so I am left finishing nothing. Really, hardly reading at all when it comes right down to it. I think yesterday was one of the few days where I read for any length of time all week and because my reading is all over the place, I still do not feel like I accomplished anything. I can't even put my finger on what is taking my time away from reading, but it is just a general sense of restlessness. It is affecting everything lately. Hopefully it will pass as the year gets going!

I rejoined the library after being absent for a couple years because I had hoped it would give me some audios to listen to. So far that has not been very successful. I have found some ebooks to add to my wish list, so hopefully the library will make an appearance here and there in my reading. The goal right now is just their virtual shelves, but I may start getting physical books again if my reading gets more organised. I don't want to get too into it because I had planned to work on my TBR this year and don't want to distract from that too much.

I think the big change for me this year is that normally I get lots of books in January and with my new goal to spend less money on books... I have really not received anything. Maybe the new books add to my January reading and that is why it is typically a better reading month than this one is so far...

Currently Reading


This is what I read part of yesterday, so let's go with this book as my current read. I have bookmarks in other books, though... This is actually the first book I checked out from the library.

Audiobook


Loving this one. I should finish it today, actually.

Weekly Reading


Vision in Silver (The Others, Book 3) ~ I am really impressed with myself that I have read 3 books from the same series in the first month of 2017. That is very unusual for me and I actually plan to get book 4 after I finish my current listen. Then I am all caught up until book 5 releases in March. It isn't even that these books are amazing, they are just really good and I enjoy the narration. I am honestly not sure why this series has worked for me when so many others sit half started on my shelves, but I guess there is something to be said for audio above reading them. Maybe I can get to some other series this year! Recommended!

Hawkeye - Volume 6 ~ Not sure why I never got around to this volume in the Hawkeye franchise last year, but glad that after a reread of Volume 5 I was able to settle in with it. Hawkeye and Kate Bishop are two of my favs and I continue to enjoy their adventures together. Hopefully Kate Bishop starts appearing in movies and gets a Funko Pop one of these days. It's a shame she is so underrated. Recommended!


Rocket Raccoon & Groot - Volume 1 ~ Then I didn't really know what to read next on Marvel because I am so behind, but Groot and Rocket are always fun and here was a brand-new volume of their adventures. I have enjoyed their comics separately, but they ultimately work best as a team. This is a collection of stories about various adventures they were on together. Always fun! Recommended!

New Additions

Nothing this week...

Weekly Posts

14 comments:

  1. I picked up the Bear and the Nightingale from the library yesterday! So glad to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a reading roll but just about lost it. I had to just put down the book I was reading and move on to something better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when my reading mojo goes on break! Sometimes it's better to just put all the books I have going down and start with something else. I really want to read Bear and the Nightingale. It sounds gorgeous and I'm planning on trying Anne Bishop this year as one of my "different" books. I've heard nothing but raves about them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, sorry to hear your reading mojo is absent that the moment. I can totally relate to that as I've read next to nothing this past week and am starting the new week on the same two books I began last week with. It's troublesome when you want to read, but your mind is elsewhere. I hope things pick up soon!

    I've heard good things about Bear and the Nightingale. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you are going through a bit of a reading slump. I think you just go crazy and check out a bunch of books from the library- start reading them and see what sticks :) Either that or try a reread maybe? I go to the J.D. Robb series when I need a reading boost. I've been hearing lots of great things about The Bear and the Nightingale so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! Have a great week and don't stress about reading. It will come :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But you ARE reading! You are devouring audiobooks much faster than I am these days, and that IS reading. So are reading graphic novels. You need to stop giving yourself such a hard time about this. You really are reading. You have just convinced yourself that audio and graphic novels don't count.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what? I have the same restlessness as you do. I can't place my finger on why, but it's there. I'm currently reading A People's History of the United States, but only a few pages in. I hope the restlessness goes away for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Bear and the Nightingale! Can't wait to read your review(:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Does your library have Overdrive or Hoopla or one of those things? Sometimes I just browse through the catalogue and there pops up something I've been meaning to read. Then slump broken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you're talking about because I'm restless as well. I think there's so much going on in our country right now that it's hard to focus on anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my reading mojo might be coming back, after being gone for the best part of 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you'll love Gabi! One of my favorites last year. I've told myself that I can't go overboard on my library books this year. I must read more from my stack.. Of course I say this and have already put several holds that are waiting for me. Oh well... Hope your reading mojo comes back to you. I'm sure it will!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get what you mean about that restlessness. I felt a bit of that last year, too. I hope it goes away for you soon.
    Hope you enjoy the reading you get to do meanwhile, even though it's less than you are used to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous winter scene in your first image! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.