Friday, February 17, 2017
Books, Life, & Everything Else (5)
1. | Mount Mackie is back again this year. The picture above is from last year, but we have got a lot of snow over the last couple weeks to make a new one for this year. I was trying to find how tall it was in 2015 because the dog could reach the garage roof, but my 2015 pictures are apparently not organised. Something I really should do one of these days...
2. | After January was so good with audio books, I sort of fizzled on them this month. I think it is partly because I read 4 books in one series. While I enjoyed the series, that is really not the norm for me at all. I am just meant to only read standalone books. I am currently listening to Lincoln in the Bardo and it is going really well. There are 166 narrators. It is quite the experience!
3. | My reading in general started off better at the beginning of the month and then also fizzled. I am not sure what is wrong that is preventing me from reading. I am too distracted, I guess. I started flipping through my e-reader and reading shorter works this week and I think that is going better. I guess I am just not in the mood for something that I have to work at.
4. | One of the charming animals got sick on our bed on Wednesday at some point. It blended in, so it was likely there for a while before it was noticed. So, it unfortunately soaked through a few layers. That meant that on the negative side, I had to do a lot of laundry yesterday. On the positive side, everything was nice and clean when we went to bed last night. I even washed our duvet. It is 6 years old and I was like if it ruins, it has had a good run.
5. | I am tired of politics. There is always some new drama from the US. Our prime minister is doing pretty good, but people always find something to criticise him for. And, then closer to home the teachers have been on some weird strike situation all year. It is coming to a dramatic head at the moment. I don't have kids, so I only am sort of paying attention. You cannot avoid it, though.
6. | What did everyone do for Valentine's Day? We were dealing with the aftermath of a storm, but still went out for supper. Apparently because of the whole aftermath of the storm thing, not many other people decided to go anywhere. So, it was a quiet meal. We had originally planned to go out on the 13th to avoid the crowds, but everything was closed for the snow. It all worked out.
7. | I continue to make puzzles. There is this site online where people sell stuff second hand. I get like 5 puzzles or something for 10 dollars at the thrift stores. There are people on the site asking for 10 dollars for one puzzle. I just think that is expensive. So, I will stick with the 2 dollar puzzles at the thrift stores. lol