Sunday, August 06, 2017

Week in Review - Week 32 (?)


Life

Hi everyone! Can you believe I haven't blogged since April 4th? After blogging at least once a week all last year, I am disappointed that I couldn't remotely keep it up this year. But, that is me. I ebb and flow with my interests. And, sometimes I just have too many and things start falling by the wayside. This year has not been a great reading year either. I think I may have finished two books since my last post. That is a pretty extensive reading slump even for me. It also means that what started out as a great year for audios has turned back into a typical one. I am not sure what is up with 2017...

Last time I updated I mentioned that I had started couponing. I am still doing that, but even that has taken a back burner this last month. There is only two of us and we only have so much room. I am hoping to get into a bit more this month and into the fall. It is really fun, but it is hard when you have so few store options in your immediate area and do not have a store that price matches. I never thought I would be disappointed to not live near a Walmart... You need to stay consistent with it to see a difference in your budget, so I must get back on track.

What else have I been doing... I put the puzzles away until the winter. I have been watching TV a lot more than I normally do. I am in the midst of a huge watch of ER and just finished the 11th season. That is very unusual for me. That random project kind of paused the Disney project, but hoping to get back to that when I finish off this show. I think I will need a break! Otherwise, it is just life stuff. I haven't even been taking that many pictures.

Currently Reading


Audiobook


Weekly 4 Month Reading


Dark Ambition: The Shocking Crime of Dellen Millard & Mark Smich ~ My friend lent this to me and I have to admit that I am not even sure if I heard about this case and murder. I live under a rock, people! But, she gave it to me so I decided to see what it was all about. All I can say is you still are left with unanswered questions that will probably never be answered and the whole case is appalling. Murdered over a truck... I don't understand the mentality that would lead people to do that...


Mercy Thompson Series - Book 9: Fire Touched - I then decided to check back in with Mercy Thompson. I love this series and used to be caught up in it... Now I am one book closer to being caught back up and hopefully will get to book 10 in this century. Maybe even this year! It was another fun adventure. I always enjoy checking in with Mercy and her world.

New Additions

Nothing. I have not bought books or gone to the second hand store or anything...

Weekly Posts

Imaginary... lol


8 comments:

  1. OMG! I didn't know they'd written a book about the Bosma murder! That happened here where I live and we were all so worried when they were looking for him. I won't let my husband go for a ride when buying/selling a car anymore unless it is a) daytime and 2) he has a friend along. That trial is the first, and most likely last, one I ever live tweeted. Just think, it could have happened to anyone, all because a rich kid wanted to get his thrills by murdering someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought of the show ER in ages. I used to love that show. I am working my way through Supernatural and have about two and a half seasons left, I think, before I'm caught up. I have a copy of Gilded Cage and Age of Swords to read. Are you enjoying them?

    Take care, Kelly! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! Blogging has been a major chore to me this year. I just can't seem to get back to it. I'm glad you stopped in to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done major couponing but don't do much at all these days because there don't seem to be many coupons for the things we buy. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you back at it as well. Life has a tendency to make it very easy to let the blog go, and that has nothing to do with "life" meaning bad things, etc. Even wonderful things take time and there isn't always the time or energy to sit down and write.

    I tried Michael J. Sullivan for the first time this summer. I loved Theft of Swords and am reading Rise of Empire now, in the midst of other things. He is an engaging author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back. :) And, I understand about not blogging or reading. My reading hasn't been that great this year either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Sometimes, you just have to go with what life gives you, and if that means not a lot of reading or doing much of anything, so be it. I hope you are enjoying Gilded Cage! The second book should be releasing next year or later this fall; I am curious to see what direction it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make a good point about the ebb and flow of interests. I think that's me right now too. I'm doing a lot of other things. Good to see you check in though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.