Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Week in Review - Week 13 &14


Life

Well, it was bound to happen. I am not really reading that much, so now blogging is losing its allure. After blogging at least once a week for over a year, I missed a week. I am sad about it, but I just don't really know what to talk about when I am in a slump. It is not getting better either, folks. It is April 4th and I have not read anything or listened to any audio so far this month. I have no idea what is wrong with me this year.

What have I been doing lately? I started couponing. It is not like it is in the US in Canada, but we can still do it. I am on week two and I have got free shampoo, soup, and cat food. I have also received really great savings on other things. We came out of the grocery store the other night with like 4 bags that cost me under 20 dollars. I was pretty proud of myself. I am still learning, though. I am not sure I will ever be an Extreme Couponer, but any savings are better than none!

I started a second job. I am not sure if I will be continuing it, though. I like it, but it is very time consuming, and I haven't quite figured out how to fit it in around my regular job and everything else happening in my house. When I got paid for it on Monday, though, I was very happy to have extra money in my account. So, I will have to make it work.

I have been continuing watching Disney movies. Since my last post I watched Lady and the Tramp, The Apple Dumpling Gang, Pocahontas, Alice in Wonderland (2010), Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Cinderella (2015), The Good Dinosaur, Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016), and I think that is it... Part of my issue is finding all of the movies that I want to watch. 

I am also still making puzzles, but not as fast as I was...

Currently Reading

Probably nothing...

Audiobook


That's the plan, anyway!

Weekly Reading


American Street - I really liked this audio. The narrator did a great job and the story was compelling, too. It is too bad that this is the last audio I have finished recently, but at least I left off on a good note. If you haven't checked this out, I do recommend it!


Ghosts - I read Drama earlier this year and had fun with it. This one was at the second hand store when I went in last week, so I grabbed it and actually managed to read it in a timely manner. I like how the author touches on serious matters in almost a lighthearted way. I actually had two friends growing up that had cystic fibrosis and they both passed away before graduating high school. So, I could relate to a certain point to the experiences in this book. 

New Additions

Bombshells - Volume 3: Uprising

Weekly Posts

Week in Review - Week 12

9 comments:

  1. I saw Ghosts at the school book fair last week and meant to pick it up but there just wasn't time. It sounds like an interesting book and I'm glad to hear it was well done. I have a stack of puzzles I want to do but somehow we never find the time. Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to pick one out and insist on starting it tonight! Hope you find your blogging mojo though with 2 jobs and regular life I don't wonder you haven't had much time to read and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm losing my blogging and reading momentum as well. It happens but after almost 9 years it may be time to say goodbye?? Hope you find some good books to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be that you are just so busy with your two jobs that reading and blogging just have to take a back seat. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll find your way back when it's right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the slump. That's not good. Having that second job probably isn't helping either. Hang in there. Blogging is fun but it's not everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the new job works out if you want it to. And don't feel bad about missing a week. I am blogging regularly again thanks to my DWJ event last month but I'm sure I will fall off again soon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always a slump, isn't there? In reading and in blogging, there are always those periods that suffer a decline, but the declines are rarely permanent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! The Apple Dumpling Gang!!!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What counts as couponing? I'm not sure what I do qualifies -- I just glance through the weekly ads for my various local grocery stores and base my meal list for the week off of what's cheap. Does that count? :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, so it's okay if you need to take a break from reading and/or blogging. Coming up with content all the time can be such a strain. That said, I'm always delighted to see your photos or even just to hear about how life is going for you at any given moment.

    Sending lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.