Sunday, June 03, 2012

Week in Review (22)

Random Thoughts

Well, it was bound to happen eventually, but my mind is too crowded with other things to read. I lost my edge according to Goodreads and am now falling behind in my reading goals for the year. It was nice when I was ahead because it was a sense of accomplishment, but I couldn't even keep that together. I am not even sure if I should be posting today because I am not in the best mood, so excuse things if it creeps into my post too much. On top of things we waited too long to get Casey fixed and she went into heat for the first time like a week or so ago. And then yesterday she went into heat again. I can't really afford to get her fixed right now because of the whole job situation (or well, lack of job situation) and she is driving me bonkers. The fact that the guy will probably have to take care of that, too, is making me feel terrible. So, yep, I am having a bad morning... Moving on...

Postcard Project

I received this postcard from Tasha. I apologize about the flash. I have been taking the pictures with Instagram because Twitter names come up (well, some do). With just using my camera and putting it up on Twitter, names weren't coming up at all...
I received this Iowa postcard from Jeanne.
Another one from Jeanne. Thanks Jeanne!
Then, Sam sent me one from Minneapolis. Thanks Sam!
As I have said before, I enjoy receiving postcards period, but if you are interested in which states I still need cards from it is currently: Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. And, I count one for Mississippi, but I am only guessing. So, I am at 38/50. That means I crossed 6 places off my list in a month. That's not too shabby! 

Poetry: Read More/Blog More - A Monthly Event
This month get your poetry posts up between the 25th and the 29th and then I will wrap things up on the 30th. We had a decent turnout this month, but I am hoping things will pick up!

Trish's Pinterest Challenge
I did my Day by Day Journal and have been keeping it up. Sometimes I have no idea what to write, but I generally find something. I am trying to keep it positive things only. Then, I read Code Name Verity and the second Cinderella Fables. I had pinned both of those. And, that's it. I thought for sure I had pinned Hex Hall and If I Stay, but didn't see them when I went looking for them. If my reading was going a bit better there probably would have been more...

Operation: Use My...
I am sort of feeling uninspired, so I am going to just cheat and make it my camera again. I managed to take a picture everyday in May, so hopefully June will go well, too. Then in July I will hopefully come up with a new project. I just have too much else going on to worry about it right now.

Challenge News

Nothing this week...

Weekly Reads

This is for a TLC Book Tour. My review will be up on the 6th.











And, that's it... So much for my plans to read a couple books this weekend.

New Additions

Received:
The Voluntourist by Ken Budd (TLC Book Tour)
A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd (TLC Book Tour)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, Kelly. Don't really know what else to say, but big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that things get better--maybe not counting the books you read might help a little bit? I know that when I started to feel too much pressure with keeping up my numbers I was exhausted (which is why I'm taking a break from non-Stand challenges this month). Take it easy Kelly! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that things seem crappy right now. I am with you in feeling the pain of the cat being in heat!! I hope you find a good job and one that you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that things have been stressful lately! I was starting to stress about my lack of reading and blogging but ended up taking a step back and realizing that I'm doing just fine. I may not read as much as others but I usually am enjoying whatever I do read. I hope that you find that one book that sucks you in and doesn't let you go :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:23 PM

    I have a South Carolina postcard sitting right here! If it still counts even though it'd be mailed from California (I really did buy it in S. Carolina though), I'd love to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the feeling of falling behind on reading, especially when Goodreads is there to rub it in your face. :P But on the plus side its a good motivator. Hope you get your reading mojo back soon. :)

    Glad that the postcard made it to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.