Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week in Review - Week 12


Life

Remember how I tend to be a bit of project undertaker? I haven't really had one in a while, so I started one this last week. I have been mentioning all my movie watching lately, right? Well, I am doing a movie project. Disney movies! I printed off a list of all of them ever made and that will be my movie watching over the next while. I am going to start with ones I have never seen before and then move on. We will see how far I make it in this project. I am not a big movie watcher typically, so this could end up fizzling, but it has been fun so far! As I write this I am watching the new Alice Through the Looking Glass and regretting that I didn't rewatch Alice in Wonderland first because I hardly remember it. I think I will have to rethink my plans a bit.

I am still not reading very much. It makes me kind of sad that I can't seem to settle in with anything lately, but at least I have found other things to do in the meantime. 

Disney Movies Watched

This list will be a bit long to catch up on what I have watched so far this year...

Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Brave
Wreck-It Ralph
Monsters University
Maleficent
Big Hero 6
Inside Out
Zootopia
Finding Dory
The BFG
Queen of Katwe
Moana

Currently Reading

I don't even know. lol

Audiobook


Weekly Reading


Dreams of Gods & Monsters (audio) ~ Look, I finished a trilogy! I really enjoy the narrator of this trilogy, but I do not think I liked this book as much as I could have. It is why my audio listening slowed down after being off to such a great start this month. I did like it, but not as much as I wanted to and enough to keep me wanting to pick it up. I probably should have set it aside, but I wanted to finish a trilogy.


All-New Wolverine - Volume 1: The Four Sisters ~ Even with my comic reading, it is all over the place. I have a couple series started on Marvel Unlimited and keep starting new ones. I am enjoying how there are more and more comics centred around women. I especially like how this new run of Wolverine wears real clothes and doesn't feel the need to wear the gravity defying outfits that other superheroes tend to wear. She can just be kick ass and awesome all on her own. I enjoyed this first volume and look forward to her future adventures. Recommended!

New Additions

Giant Days - Volume 4

Weekly Posts

Week in Review - Week 11

14 comments:

  1. I love your project! What fun! I know there are tons and several I've never heard of. I hope you'll post some of your thoughts as you watch your way through. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project sounds very fun. I once played around with the idea of watching Disney chronologically, but, that didn't go anywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the undertaking! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your movie project sounds like fun! I keep seeing Alice Through the Looking Glass on Netflix, but haven't watched the first one, so kind of feel like I should do that before trying the second. Good luck with your project!

    I hope you have a great week, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That movie project should keep you busy for a while. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching all of the Disney movies does sound like fun! I haven't been reading a ton either. I'm sure that it will pick back up but I think I just needed a little breather after finishing and loving two really great books in a row. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a movie project! Here's hoping your reading mojo kicks back in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for finishing the trilogy! I didn't love the last book in that series as much as I wanted to, but I'm still excited to read Laini Taylor's new book later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many great Disney films that I haven't gotten around to yet. I did see Moana and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother has made it her life's mission to own a copy of every Disney movie ever made. We are talking traditional Disney, not Avengers or Star Wars. Movies like The Apple Dumpling Gang or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang included plus all of the Disney cartoon movies. I have to say that I have seen almost all of them myself. I fizzled out within the last decade and still have to see Frozen and Moana. There are some sequels I have not see either, but the list of Disney movies I have not seen is pretty small! They are all fun though, so enjoy checking off your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun project!! My fave Disney movie is totally Enchanted, have you seen it previously?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun project! I never thought of doing something like that with movies but I'll now be keeping it in mind.
    I'd love to know your thoughts on American Streets, I've been eyeing it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I'm impressed with your project - I know I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Disney movie project sounds awesome -- enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.